I have been here for almost 2 months but I've never mention much about school. The classes here are little compared to NUS but the people here are definitely as competitive as those in Singapore. Most people have not heard about the university I am studying in because it's a private school. But apparently, it's the most prestigious business school in Stockholm. The people here do all their readings well before classes and most of them are super wealthy according to my buddies. The school fees are much more expensive than the public university and the people here are super well-dressed with coats, boots etc. I remember when I went to Uppsala university, everyone dresses in wind-breakers, jeans and just sneakers. It's so different!
I am just done with my term paper and somehow I feel I will become stupid if I stay here for too long. My brain hasn't been working on any studies-related stuff unlike when I am in NUS. I have been watching Hong Kong dramas one after another.
Kim & I were planning to go for those sports activities like tennis, floorball or badminton but they needed us to bring our own rackets or equipment so we gave up. I have always wanted to learn tennis so I shall do something about it when I get back to Singapore. Anyone can teach me?!
Oh ya, I am so happy today! I have a friend who's visiting me in MAY!! We are planning to visit Italy together because she will only be staying for 10-11 days! I am ELATED!!! I hope more people come to visit me honestly. Seeing my neighbours having friends coming over to stay with them every now and then, I am really filled with envy.
Furthermore, recently I am having super good appetite! I am craving for food every night when I watch my show. I need some help to remove all those cravings if not those kilos I lost in the past 1 month will start coming back to haunt me!
To summarize my life for the past 2 months.. I think the exposure here has really broaden my horizon. The opportunity to mix with people of different nationalities, to spend time abroad on my own, live independently, visit different cities really changes my perspectives on a lot of things in life. Cultural differences, interpersonal relationships, general knowledge etc, I have gained much much more while I am here. There's this Chinese saying that literally means "Traveling a mile beats reading 10,000 books." I totally agree!
I totally love my life here as I was telling my sister. I hope time can slow down so I have more time to indulge myself in this happiness. It's kind of bad for me to say that because it will seem that I am not missing home, my family, my friends etc but I really like it here. It's just the way of life that makes me like it. I will strongly encourage everyone to spend time in Scandinavian countries and stop the big hoo ha about those beautiful cities like Paris or Rome. Of course, you must visit them at least once in your lifetime. However, I have always been a Paris-lover & it's a must-visit city on my list but I don't know if I will love it if you ask me to stay there for long because according to many friends, Paris is only a city worth visiting but not staying. We shall see!
I wonder how it will feel like when I go back to Singapore in June. The weather, the food, the streets & the pace of living. It will be totally different.
I may leave this place but the memories will stay with me forever. Like my backpacking trip in Vietnam in June 07 is definitely one of the most happiest period in my life. Although we had to endure long bus & train rides, budget accommodation, warm & humid weather at 40deg Celsius etc, I love each and every of the 18 days that I spent in the country. For all that, I thanked my traveling partners, CC.CB.YP for those precious memories. I will age and maybe one of these days when I am old, I will lose memory of them but at least for now, they are vividly in my mind. :)
Like what BY say, I will sooner or later become a Globe Trotter! That's my dream....
No comments:
Post a Comment