Inspiration for this post: I read through my sis's blog today on leaving your sec sch. I am aware that I've posted comments on it before but I can't help adding on.
71 asks:"Did anyone kept their sec sch uniform in their wardrobe?"
71:"I did!"
When I first went into my sec sch, I kind of disliked it. It wasn't my first choice. But the day when I left it, I am proud to say if I'd the chance to choose schools again, it would definitely have been my 1st choice! I guess it's the people that I miss, the precious memories each and everyone in the school gave me that made me loved it. I had both happy and unhappy memories but now, I can only remember the happy ones honestly. All the silly things I once did-if I say it out here, everyone else would start laughing at the computer screen and my sec sch classmates will be nodding their head in agreement. I kept my uniform because it forms part of my memory of the school. Also, it's a way of reminding myself how skinny I used to be because I can no longer fit it! haha...
To my sis: There may be a lot of things that you are unhappy about with your school currently but always bear this in mind-What's done cannot be undone so why not make the best out of your jc life by being more participative in class and I am sure you will be happier. :)
I understand how it's like to feel out of place in a new environment but everyone goes through the same process. It's always this scenario. When you first enter into a new environment, you dislike everything about it. I think it's natural everyone thinks this way. But since you've already landed yourself that and you can't undo it, just ADAPT and GET ON WITH LIFE! Learn to like it and you'll be happier.
I transferred school when I was in Pri 4 to a totally new environment. I hated it.
I entered sec sch all alone without any friends from pri sch. I'd no choice but to adapt to it.
I went into NP Accounting by myself with my besties all in SP. I tumbled through it.
I moved into NUS and went for orientation ALONE when everyone else around me had friends from JC. I forced myself to like it.
2 months ago, I went on SEP to Stockholm, Sweden, leaving all the people DEAREST to me once again to survive in another continent. Now, I am loving it.
In all the above scenarios, I wondered to myself why weren't my friends with me, why did I have to go to NUS alone blah blah blah...Especially when I was in NUS, I told myself I will adapt and now I've survived through 1.5 years.
Currently, my threshold is high enough to withstand all kind of new environments. I wouldn't mind getting a role as Tom Hanks in Castaway. :)
To everyone out there reading this post, we all have to enter new environments constantly and if you can't change the circumstances, change yourself and I assure you will start to see things from a different perspective. If I can do it, I am sure people around me can as well. I hope this gives you some motivation if you are waiting to get into a new environment. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment