I am really wondering what am I doing here right now at this hour, 3:48am (Stockholm Time)? It's all because of the stupid Mac IPhoto! All these while, I have been diligently uploading my photos from my camera into my laptop and once a week, I will try to organise the photos, upload them to photobucket as back-up. Yet, all it took was two clicks to waste my past one month's effort & I had to spend 5 hours trying to salvage the situation!
Yes! it's me! Basically, Iphoto stores all the images or videos uploaded into the iphoto library and it will appear into 2 separate folders, Data & Orginals. I had thought both the data folder and originals folder contain the same pictures so 5 hours ago, I decide to delete away the replicate to save up more space for the upcoming pictures from London. To my horror, the moment I emptied my trash bin after deleting away the photos from the originals folder, my Iphoto went berserk and all the photos were GONE!!! Can you imagine?! I am not talking about 100 photos but 1000 photos!!
I am not aching for those stockholm photos because I can easily get them from Kim but those HongKong photos, Vietnam photos, Airport photos etc etc.. At this stage, I thought the situation ain't that bad yet since I backed them up on photobucket but, those photos from photobucket were uploaded from the data folder and apparently they had been resized so they were much smaller than the original one.
At this point in time, all I did was sit right in front of my laptop (while my room-mate was fast asleep zzz) and stare at the screen. What should I do? Should my tears stream down my face furiously or should I have one or two teardrops in my eyes while I try hard not to let them "KISS" my cheeks?!
DAMN IT! As usual, I started to feel really FED-UP and all I wanted was to SCREAM! haha.. In the end, CHOCOS were my only way out! Anyway, there's this really NICE and CHEAP Choco being sold at the supermarket just next to my place. It's 3,90Kr which is less than 1 Sing Dollar yet it is the size of probably one Van Houtten or Cadbury in Singapore which would most probably cost around $3/- So This Chocolate is good!
The chocos did make me feel better emotionally and eventually, I emptied my entire Iphoto gallery! It was in chaos! Some pictures appear while others did not! I only managed to salvage those Stockholm photos from Kim & the rest shall be BURIED with my sadness when I go to bed after I finish blogging... What a pity!
After the torturous photos nightmare, I had something incomplete on my to-do-list. I have not booked any of my london tours or attraction tickets. So I had to open 7 tabs in the same browser to speed up the whole process because my bed has "SMS-ed" me at least a 100 times and probably "missed-call" me 50 times! But the website just kept giving me problems! They refuse to load and the reason behind it is always the address in Stockholm with that weird vowel, a with two dots on top, which always seems to be rejected by all websites and I troubleshoot the same problem at least 3 times before I found the out main cause! Needless, I will never give up! I am strong like "energizer" - the NEVER SAY DIE attitude.
Finally, at 3:30am, I COMPLETED all my BOOKINGS! Hip Hip Hurray!
71 sings: "I believe I can fly! I believe I can go to bed!"
I am really looking forward to sleeping on my newly-laid bed because last night, I took some old comforters left behind by the previous tenant to wash then laid it underneath my bedsheet and put on an additional layer on top of my lousy "polyester bed quilt". I wonder how warm it will be tonight?! hehe..I saw some of my neighbours with really comfy beds, several layers of comforters so I decide to pamper myself too! i can only enjoy it tonight because the next few days, I will be on the run and there are times when I have to spend the night on the bus or hostel! I bet it can't be as comfy as my bed here but I am used to sleeping on buses anyway after the "training" from Vietnam (definitely a fulfilling TRIP!)
No comments:
Post a Comment