People in London walk EXTREMELY fast like they are rushing for reincarnation and they are ain't too friendly seriously! The Swedes are much better! Traffic in London is really BAD because traffic lights appear almost everywhere and if I were to drive in London, I would most probably go bonkers! Cars park by the roadside all the time and narrow the roads so it's extremely irritating.
That's Victoria Rail Station
But no doubt, the network of their tube is Superb! I mean they are so well-connected that you can go to almost everywhere in London using the tube.. However, it's not perfect... The seats in the train are so huge (plus those big-size ang mohs) that no one can stand in between the seats like what we do in Singapore. So everyone will cramp themselves near the doors area... As a result, one cabin can't contain that much people seriously. What's more, the trains are always under repair service at non-peak hours or saturdays which means that they will make announcements out of a sudden and tell you that train service from this station to another is unavailable. If you happen to be in a rush to get to that place, that's it! Either you walk there or you take a bus there (which is super slow because of the heavy traffic) or you can drive if you have a car!
Inside the cabin of the tube
To talk about the standard of living in London, it isn't as bad as what most people think seriously if you compare it with the Scandinavian countries like Norway & Sweden. Chocolates, Alcohol, Cigarettes & majority of the foodstuffs are all CHEAPER than here! You can get a bar of chocolate (very nice & delicious) for $1.50 in london but that will cost you most probably $3 in Norway/Sweden (except that super cheap choco)! A can of coke in Sweden costs about $2.5o but it is only $1 in London! That's the difference! So when I was in London/Manchester, I drank coke & ate chocolates like nobody's business & went for MCDONALDS to have a hearty MEAL! So though pounds is 3 times bigger than Sing Dollars while Kroners is 4 times smaller than Sing Dollars, the pricing of the items actually makes london a much cheaper city to live in. But I still prefer Stockholm seriously because you get Snow & people here are more friendly and the pace isn't as fast... I am here to escape from the urban stress in Singapore so I don't want to land myself into that same situation in London!
The best thing I like about London is its architecture! Their buildings are totally different from the ones in Sweden & Norway in the sense that they have designs it. Almost every single building that I passed by has like a Mini Balcony or it may be a walkway so it makes the whole place seem very antique and beautiful.. In Sweden, it's more like blocks of buildings painted in colours like brown, red, grey etc... We will see the photos!
See the buildings!
No comments:
Post a Comment