1. I am pasta overloaded! I was supposed to oven-baked the pizza Kim & I bought from the supermarket for lunch when I saw one of the German guys preparing pasta. He offered to cook for me if I am planning to have lunch because the oven was occupied so I agreed. It's spaghetti with pesto, my favourite! So at 3:30pm, I ate one BIG plate of spaghetti mixed with penne. Then my Dutch neighbour came in and invited me to join them for dinner at 7pm. I gladly agreed so I had bolognaise with fettucine for dinner. Within 4 hours, I ate 2 big plates of PASTA!
2. My Dutch neighbour was baking strawberry cheese cake in the afternoon that's why the oven was unavailable. The cake was the dessert for the night. Of course, I had to pay. :) But it was FABULOUS! I haven't have cheesecake for ages! She asked me if I was going to join them for dinner tonight but I kindly rejected and told them I will be there tomorrow instead. I need to clear some of my fridge stuff because it's overloaded.
3. I added a new page element on my blog for learning French. I told myself I must start hitting my French Books before I forget them again. So, everyone can learn together with me alright? I specially picked the French Flag's colours, how nice!
4. I am re-uploading all my photos from the day I arrived in Stockholm till now and my laptop is super laggy as I am typing this post. But I can't afford to sit and watch it upload so I had to find something to do--> Blog!
Topic for the day!
A Question to ponder on: Do you think more of an Arts or Science person?
I was speaking to Kim's senior, a law student last week when I went over for dinner. She was an Arts student in VJC and we were talking about the difference between an Arts & a Science student. She told me that in NUS law school, you can see the distinction between an Arts & a Science student's essay. An Arts student will always beat around the bush and submit a 5-page essay while a Science student will most probably go straight to the point, summarize and submit at most a 2-page essay with both of them getting the same grade ultimately. I am not trying to judge whose writing style is better or smarter and time is not a factor under consideration because there won't be much of a difference anyway.
It's the difference in writing style that I am trying to point out. An Arts student always has more ideas when it comes to laying out their essay so they always seem to have more things to write while a Science student is super practical and just wants to talk about the main argument points. Eventually, Arts students work hard at shortening their essays to avoid exceeding the word limit while Science students have to lengthen their essays to hit the word limit. How irony that can be! haha...
Throwing over the question to you: Which category do you belong to?
Posts with no pictures are boring.. Here's to share..

For me, I've always thought I was more to the Science side because since young, I've always excelled at Mathematics & Science rather than languages or humanities. I did countless personality tests when I was in poly while preparing for the psychometric test and the results always seem to put across to me that I am actually both left-&-right brain but I never believed until I went into NUS.
Posts with no pictures are boring.. Here's to share..
The slippery Vigeland Sculpture Park in Oslo~
I was pretending to slip. One of my usual mischievous acts...
I don't deny the fact Mathematics is my favourite subject of all but I loved literature when I was in sec sch. It's a pity the school did not offer literature as a subject combination for triple science class in upper sec. So in the end, I did Geography. Then I went into poly and of course accounting & never pursue my interest in arts' subjects again. When I first went into NUS, I freaked out seeing the tons of essays assignments I was supposed to do. Most of the time, I will be asking around hoping to take modules with MCQs as final exams because I wanted to avoid all the essays-based examinations. I feared I won't be able to cope with it because my English isn't that good after all. I hate reading literature texts or course packs and I complained about them every other.
However, as I recall my conversation with an Arts friend half a year ago, I remember myself saying I see the change in myself already. I love reading & totally don't mind writing tons of essays for submission. If it wasn't my interest in economics, political science would have been my major. Look at my blog entries & their length and you can use it to substantiate my claim. I am starting to feel an entry a day is insufficient to contain all my thoughts and feelings. :) But of course, my blog put together with those of my other Arts friend still pales in comparison. It's the huge vocabulary that sets the difference. But I will work hard to improve on it.
My Answer to the question earlier on: I belong to the first type. Arts blood runs in me.
Deep in my heart, I've always had this dream. The dream to be a LAWYER. But I knew my English isn't up to standard & I thought I wasn't an Arts person so I gave up this dream long ago, back when I was in sec sch.
#If only my English had been better so I can articulate and write better
#If only I had participated in all forms of debates in school
#If only I had discovered this latent Arts ability of mine years back,
the path I am taking now would have been completely different. Honestly, I will consider going to graduate school to study Law, Political Science or Public Adminstration in future if I still have the zest for it. But I've no regrets doing what I am doing right now because I love my life.
J'aime ma vie!
No comments:
Post a Comment