1) Tower Bridge
2) London Bridge
3) London Dungeons
4) Westminster Abbey
5) Chelsea FC Stadium Tour
6) Madam Tussauds
7) British Airways London Eye
It was definitely a packed day for me! I planned the itinerary way back when I was in Stockholm and booked all the tickets online because it's much cheaper and you can guarantee entry! Among them, I really like the Chelsea FC stadium tour a lot! haha... I don't know why..
First stop was the Tower Bridge! It's just a bridge with some special designs and of course you can see the London Bridge from there... Not too bad though... See the pictures...
From the tower bridge to the london bridge is not a far distance actually.. it's around 20mins walk so I just stroll there since I have time before the London Dungeon which is scheduled at 1030! I heard from my cousin that there are actually 2 London Bridges but I only saw one!
That's the Tower of London on the left but I didn't go in due to time constraint
I didn't take much photos inside the dungeon because it was totally dark and the photos won't look good even if I had taken them! Anyway, you just move in groups inside the dungeon and along the way there will be people who jump out suddenly to scare you... the effects make it look really scary but maybe I am not the timid type so I didn't find it scary seriously! The most funny part was when we were in this "hairdresser" dungeon... Everyone sits on a chair and there's this voice that comes through the speaker... Suddenly, the voice says he will cut someone's hair! Actually everyone will feel the haircut but because you ain't sure if it's only you who feels it or the person next to you who gets it, no one dared to look at anyone else when they felt their hair being touched and the snip of the scissors! I felt it too & I thought I was the unlucky soul but after the thing, when I asked around, I realised everyone experiences that! I thought the attraction was over-rated because I paid like S$50 for the entrance but it ain't that interesting!
The famous Big Ben
I didn't have time for a proper meal so I just grabbed stuffs along the way.. I had Auntie's Anne pretzels & Krispy Kermes Donuts! Alright, to all donuts lovers-- You will find Donut Factory to be low-quality stuff after you try Krispy Kermes or Dunkin Donuts! I've always been a Dunkin Donut lover ever since I ate them in Bangkok so I recall CC, CB & I whack 3 dozens of it from KL after the backpack trip! I never found any donut in Singapore that can be on par with Dunkin but Krispy Kermes is definitely there or maybe even better?!?!! The filling in the donut simply melts in your mouth and the donut is soft yet crispy!!! I totally LOVE it & indulging myself in it but it's kinda expensive.. It's about 1.1 pounds for one so it's about S$3! Dunkin is much cheaper definitely! If anyone goes to KL, PLEASE buy DUNKIN DONUTS for me!!
Anyway, I was in time for my next destination, Madam Tussauds but the tube was under some repair service at one station and after waiting 20minutes, I decided to walk there since it was only a stop away... but anyway, I met this man while waiting for the train and he happens to be a Chelsea Fan.. He talked to me because he saw me carrying the Chelsea paper bag! He's a season ticket holder of Stamford Bridge & he was explaining to me how expensive the season tickets are and prices have been increasing over the years after Abramovich took over Chelsea. But he feels that it's justifiable because the club has achieved much success over these years... It costs 1000 pounds for a season ticket pass that gets you a seat which would cost 66pounds normally... 66pounds seat is the 2nd most expensive ticket anyway.. haha... If you aren't a season ticket holder, it's almost IMPOSSIBLE for you to get the 66pounds ticket... The guy told me he used to hold the most expensive season ticket which costs him around 1,200pounds but they increased it to 5,000pounds and he felt it was totally ABSURB so he changed to the 2nd most expensive ticket...
The most expensive ticket gets you a seat at the front rows by the sides which we always see anyway! But according to him, depending on the stadium which you go, it might not always be good to get tickets behind the goal post because if seats there are not tiered so you will not have a good view... Talking to him really enhanced a lot of my football match tickets knowledge... Of course I don't know if he's just lying but he doesn't look like to me and he told me he will be going to the match between Chelsea Vs Liverpool tomorrow so I told him I will be at MANCHESTER! haha...
Ok, something funny to share... there's this Italian family on the tube which I met and apparently they are going to Mdm Tussauds like me... Maybe I looked like a local to them so they actually asked me for directions on the tube! haha.. I won't say I am good with the directions in London but I think I am quite good with the tube though.. haha.. Training from all the subways from different countries, HK, Sweden, Norway & now London! So I actually taught them where to alight and stuff... haha.. I think i am a JOKER! Fancy 1 tourist giving another tourist directions!! haha.. anyway, it took me 15mins to walk to Madam Tussauds & by the time I reached there, I was already 20minutes behind time! It was already 4:50pm...
There was already a long queue and my fast track ticket didn't help much because everyone there had it as well... That's quite lame right! I don't understand how the British does things.. haha... The most exasperating thing was I forgot to bring my printed ticket out so they refused to let me in... I gave them the confirmation number but they didn't accept it... I was so MAD & if I weren't in London, I definitely would have F***** them!!! So in the end, I had to walk like 300m to an internet cafe to print out that confirmation letter before they finally let me in... time Check: 5:20pm! I only had like 40minutes to finish the whole museum because I need to get down to London Eye by 6:30pm & I needed some allowance for traveling..
Madam Tussauds London
Brad Pitt in Ocean Thirteen
The Most Charismatic Girl from Singapore in Mdm Tussauds London History
This was taken in HongKong's Mdm Tussauds!
Those were the times in HK! Yeow Meng is so TALL!!
I thought this picture was really hilarious!! hahaha..
To BY, PL: There wasn't Twins in London!
I would say the one in London had more of those Western Pop stars like Justin Timberlake, Beyonce etc... It was much well classified than the one in HK and it had like rides inside... They had this new item, the Chamber of Horrors (almost similar to the London Dungeon) and I felt it was much better... Those figures really pull you and mess your hair etc... So you will really get frightened and they appear from nowhere!! I liked the one where you get to take a London taxi and experience the evolution of London... It was very nice with all the lights, animations & audio commentary... But the thing is that you have to queue like 10minutes for every ride so by the time I finished, it was already about 6:10pm... I skipped the last one, some Stars thing as I didn't want to miss the London Eye as I pre-booked the tickets..Final Destination: British Airways London Eye!
It's just another ferris wheel but I can't remember when was the last time I was up on the ferris wheel so I definitely need to go up on it! Some people will say I am quite stupid to be on the ferris wheel at night because you can't see anything but it's the city lights that I am trying to capture to be honest! By the way, I have always taken photos from the plane in the day until I happened to take one at night! the view was SPLENDID!
Since I was alone, I'd no one to talk to while on the ferris wheel so I just keep taking photos and admire the scenery throughout that 30minutes.... So nothing for me to describe.. just look at the photos..
The wheels were lighted in purple that's why the background is purple

No comments:
Post a Comment