If I hadn't been a Manchester United Supporter since young
If Jose Mourihno hadn't left Stamford Bridge
If Shevchenko hadn't been a flop at Chelsea
I will definitely Support Chelsea!
Why do I say that? Comparing the Man Utd Stadium Tour & the Chelsea Stadium tour, I can only say that Chelsea's tour gives you a very homely feeling! It's like they kind of personalise the tour and make u feel really welcome into their big family! Perhaps it's because Man Utd has more visitors so their tours are usually in bigger groups and it's more difficult to please everyone.. But somehow, I feel that ManU just gives off this executive feeling and no doubt their tour is very professional and classy! So maybe that creates a distance between the club & its supporters... But still, I enjoyed both tours!
What's more, I really like Jose Mourihno... His actions and words never fail to bring a smile to my face... He's just hilarious!!! I read Frank Lampard's bibliography and some of the things that he wrote about Mourihno really made me respect him! It's like he always fight for his players' rights & he instilled a sense of competitiveness in his players to desire for success and recognition for the effort that they put into their game.. That's how he brought instant success to Chelsea.. That's how good he is otherwise he won't be in Mdm Tussauds anyway! haha.. His favourite quotes:
"I am the Special One!"
"Football is football..!"
Thirdly, if Sheva had been more successful at Chelsea, it would have convinced me to support Chelsea because I like the way he plays his football... Totally cool!
Let's talk about the Chelsea tour in detail.. I went to the Museum first since I kind of reached 10 minutes earlier than the scheduled time at 2pm! I've to say ManU's museum is much much bigger and nicer than the one at Chelsea, most probably it's because Man U has been a more successful club & they have more stuffs to show off! haha.. Their trophies are COUNTLESS! Imagine I completed the Chelsea museum tour in 15 mins but it took me an hour to finish the Man U one! haha..



What Mourihno gave Chelsea and their fans!

Museum Tour- Evolution of Chelsea Logo

These are the teams that Chelsea has played with over the years-exchange of flags which we always see at the beginning of the game between the captains!

Model of Stamford Bridge

Anyway, I caught sight of this really super duper cute Chelsea Staff while in the Museum so I secretly took photos of him! haha.. Coincidentally, he's 1 of our 2 guides for the tour!! Throughout the tour, whenever it was his turn to present, I will be super attentive and listened to every single thing he mentioned! He's got a very nice accent when he speaks.. Watch the video that I post later and you will understand what I mean.. He's good with kids also and he's extremely friendly! That explains why he chose this job right! hahaha..
The cutie I caught sight of!

There was this kid who's a Liverpool supporter but apparently his dad supports Chelsea so he brought him to the Chelsea Stadium Tour.. This cute guide said he will try to convince the kid by the end of the tour to support Chelsea! haha..So from time to time whenever he sees that boy along the tour, he will ask him:"So are you still a Liverpool fan?" The boy is super adamant with his reply and always firmly answers "YES!" but he never gives up! I counted the number of times he asked him and it was exactly 5 times! How patient he is! Now you must be wondering how I managed to keep track of the number of times he asked him right? That's because I followed him super closely throughout that 45minutes!
Anyway, I took lots of photos during the tour! Our first stop was the Press Conference Room and if you recall the chair where Mourihno sat on TV saying:"I am the Special One!", yes! That's the first stop of the tour! He led two birthday boys to sit with him on the desk as he explained to us the purpose of the conference room and all the big stars that had pen their contract on that desk before from JT, Frank Lampard, Michael Essien, Didier Drogba, Andriy Shevchenko & Michael Ballack... He then pretended that the 2 birthday boys are Chelsea's latest signings and enter into some negotiation of contract with them! It was totally hilarious! After that, they gave everyone the opportunity to take photos at the desk..That's how nice they are!
Him & the 2 birthday boys!

Do you want to interview me?!

Listen to his accent! Totally nice!
Next up was the Away Team's dressing room & the Home Team Dressing Room! I've to say the Away team's dressing room is really shabby compared to the Home Team one...haha.. But so many big stars had been there before... The guide told us about the story of Patrick Vieria knocking his head on one of the clothes hook on the wall when he stood up! Apparently, he's really tall and the hook was kinda low so he was super shag after a game and he didn't pay much attention to that hook above him!
The Home Team dressing room was the ultimate! Individual lockers for everyone with their jersey's hung outside the cabinet! I stood in the first row so as to get the best photos and he* opened up Solomon Kalou's cabinet to show us his personal belongings! I was hoping he* had opened Frank lampard's one... But I guess he* cannot open the big stars one... Only small fry like Kalou won't mind his locker being shown... Anyway, he had the usual stuffs like perfume, shin pads, boots studs, watch and the refreshing spray! If you notice on TV, you will see that some players' shirts looks abit wet at the area near their chest... That's because they had sprayed the refreshing spray which helps them to breathe better... I'd this question mark all along & I think my brother did explain to me before but I had forgotten about it..
Oh ya! The home dressing room had massage chairs as well!! Apparently JT & Frank Lampard have their personal message chair while the rest have to share the remaining 3 massage chairs! I guess that's the privilege of being a captain!
That's the Home Team Dressing Room!

Apparently, friends will always sit together like if they speak the same language or if they come from the same nation.. So You expect Frank Lampard to sit next to JT!

Alright, that's Solomon Kalou's Locker.. He has this photo of Ronaldino shaking hands with Thiery Henry! haha..

The boy is lying on JT's personal Massage Chair!

The last venue of the tour was of course the dugout! Alright, the thing about all these tours is that they will never ever allow anyone to step onto the pitch because it's expensive to maintain the pitch and if visitors move around on the pitch freely, it will increase their maintenance costs.. We went through the tunnel where the players always come out from then into the area where the managers and players sit.. If you sit there, you will really have a Super Good View of the whole pitch & the game! I sat at the seat where Mourihno sat! But of course, the seat no longer belongs to him now! Anyway, he* calls all of them by their first name... He*will tell me: "That's where Jose used to sit but now Avant sits there.." I understood what he* meant when he* say Jose but I needed 10secs to process who he* meant by Avant! Come on, who cares about that Israel man?! Look at what he has done to Chelsea!!
Stadium Overview!

Me Posing with the field as the background! Good Shot! I must thank the photographer!

That's the pitch!

Where that little boy is sitting-if it had been 6months ago, that will be where you see JM with his legs on the blue board that you see the guy's legs on!

We also saw the setting up of the stadium for the match tomorrow like the Cameras, the irrigation of the fields, etc... Time just flew past and it was time to bid goodbye! I was so SAD! I could no longer see that cute guy & our conversations had to end.... haha.. But anyway, I took a photo with him! haha..
He's totally CUTE!

After the whole thing ended, I went to the Megastore for a walk and bought a T-shirt! I didn't buy any jerseys because I had both Lampard & Shevchenko jerseys already and I wanted to save my money for Man U the next day! For those soccer fanatics, if you have a club that you support, you should really visit it! The passion in you for the club will burn even more deeply after you visit it.... lastly, if you wanna feel how is it like to come out from the dugout, catch the video----
No comments:
Post a Comment