I have always thought about the idea of traveling by myself to different cities and I never find it lonely or whatsoever just by thinking until I experienced it personally! There are really pros & cons when it comes to traveling alone.. I can name a thousand bad things about traveling alone but maybe I can only name 2 or 3 good things.. haha.. Maybe it works for those people who can do everything by themselves but definitely not for me, someone who loves being around people, I kind of find it boring... That's ME! I like to share with other people what I see, talk about it etc etc but when i travel alone, no one shares any of my tales or excitement.. I need my FAMILY & FRIENDS! But my roomie can! haha.. She told me when she came back from London that she kind of enjoy the feel of traveling alone! That explains why She's HER and I am ME!
1stly: I recall what my cousin told me when she went to Paris, "Eiffel tower is just a tower to her when she saw it!" Maybe it was because she saw it by herself or with some other stewardess who aren't that close with her. Now, I finally understand how she felt right at that moment & the meaning of those words! To me, it's the same thing.. Windsor Castle is just a Castle though I was really overwhelmed by the "AURA" that surrounds it! Nothing special! That's all because no one shares my excitement!
2ndly: You can only take pictures of the sceneries without you yourself in it! haha..No one will be around to take photo of you but of course you can get those passer-by to do you a favour but it's kinda tiring to keep asking people for help. What's more, you can't guarantee that they will take good photos with what you want as background!
3rdly: Don't ever get lost! You will become the typical character in movies or shows where you stand in the middle of the streets by yourself with lots of people walking past you quickly! You try to seek help, some will lend u a helping hand while others might just ignore you...
4thly: No one will share food, lodging, or the heavy bags that you carry! You do everything by YOURSELF!
However, the good thing about it is:
1) You need not accommodate anyone and you can do everything at your own time and own target! It's like you plan what you want to do, where you want to visit without any considerations of anybody else... Even if you don't follow the schedule, it doesn't matter because you won't affect anyone.. You won't have the feeling of "I don't feel like doing this but I am obliged to do this because my friend wants to do this!"
2) You learn to step out of your comfort zone & you will try things that you won't do if you had a friend around you. You learn to take care of yourself, meet new friends etc etc... You stretch both your physical & mental limits!
3) You become a SELF-SHOT expert! Prior to this, I wasn't that good at taking self-shots. It was always Kim who does all the self-shots that you see on facebook. But now, I dare to say I am quite proficient too. haha..
So after this trip, there are 2 people that I must name to show my deepest admiration for them:
1) Bihong: I finally understood how it feels to be an air-stewardess and why you want to quit that job. I don't know much about the job scope but I can feel your loneliness when you spend time abroad by yourself!
2) Alvin: How can you ever travel to Germany & Belgium for 2 weeks doing everything alone?!
Nevertheless, I still enjoy this trip because I learnt a lot out of it, fulfil my dream and am able to put myself into other's shoes!
I must appeal to all those out there: Please come to Europe! I need someone to travel with me otherwise I will be super lonely!! haha... But even if no one comes, I will still go by myself.... Nothing can stop me from realising those words in BLUE on my Blog Title except Money & Time :)
No comments:
Post a Comment