But 29th February is not a leap year
It should be a leap day!
I dedicate this post to someone I hold in esteem on this special day--my Da Jie
I read through her post and thoughts about Kinship came to my mind. I hope my post gives her some motivation to get past this difficult stage in life.
To me, she has always been a woman who appears strong on the outside but is extremely fragile within herself.
She taught me lessons in life which no textbooks can provide. To many others out there (our relatives especially), she may not be the role model and what she taught me may be good or bad, subjective to individual, I still hold her in respect for all these.
Together with my grandma, she taught me Mahjong-my all-time favourite.
However, she also taught me the meaning of Kinship together with my brother.
She taught me how to be street-smart.
She taught me how to protect myself when I am being bullied.
She showed me the way to fight for her own rights.
She taught me that no matter how others look down on you, you are the only one who can judge your own life.
As I am typing this post, though I still don't concur with every single aspect of the way she leads her life, that's HER life and only SHE can judge her OWN life! No one else should be able to do so.
71 shouts to Da Jie: "If you can survive a crisis not just once but twice or even thrice, you will be able to get past this difficult stage in life once again. Never give up!"
I bet she doesn't know what life lessons she has provided me for the past 21 years.
Never under-estimate the impact you can have on someone else.
I always want to get this across to everyone that I know: we should all live for ourselves, not for others. We should be the only ones fit enough to judge our own lives and by not taking to heart how others judge you, you will smile more and frown less :)
No comments:
Post a Comment