Headlines: Armed Robbery at Lidl
Lidl-supermarket next to my dorm where I never fail to visit once every other day. It offers really cheap groceries and the most economical CHOCOLATE around! As usual, Kim and I were at the supermarket to buy groceries for dinner and when we were heading back to our dorm, a police actually stopped Kim but we didn't think it was anything serious. I headed back to my room, left the door opened while waiting for Kim to come up so we can cook our dinner. I always leave the door open for ventilation when we cook and it was nothing new today either. Halfway through, I heard noises coming from the emergency stairway so I took a peep outside. There were 2 policemen, with machine guns in their hands, who walked past and one even turned towards me and pointed the gun at me, claiming he's police! OMG! I didn't know it was machine gun until Kim told me. I thought they were some security officers initially because there were security checks in the dorm every now and then.
But stockholm is relatively safe from what I observed so far so we didn't probe much into why those police officers suddenly came around. After dinner, craving for chocolates came by once again so Kim & I decided to get some to satisfy our cravings. When we exited from the lift, we met one of our neighbours and he told us there were police officers around so out of curiosity, we went to ask the police officer standing guard at the entrance of the dorm. Apparently, there was a guy, armed with a gun, who robbed the supermarket. Someone claimed that he ran into our dorm building and the small area in front of our building was cordoned. There were at least 5-7 police cars around and the image was like those in movies which you see, guns in hands, getting ready to shoot anytime. hahaha.. Kim & me was like,"Oh man, we forgot our cameras." The most hilarious thing was that a neighbour ours happened to be halfway through in his shower when the police officers knocked with MACHINE GUNS in their hands! hahahahaha...
We hurriedly returned to kim's room after that and started gossiping and discussing about it, analysing how the robber had managed to come into our dormitory because the security features in the dorm were such that you need either a key or a code whenever you want to enter into the main building or each level. We even came to the conclusion that we should start locking our doors these few days just in case. hahaha.. Another of our neighbour even suggested it might be an internal job or what. How creative that can be right. But in the supermarket, business was as usual. No one looked like they were affected by the incident which we find it really strange. Passer-by took photos, and people stopped to take a quick look before they continue on their journey. That image is deep in my heart today. hahahaha.. What a Friday in Stockholm!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment