Thursday, 22 May 2008

Yvonne's visit in Stockholm

Yes, Yvonne's my friend. Primary school friend in fact. We've known each other for 12 years but of course, in between, we lost contact... Still remember the times when we young, we exchanged letters all the time... I was staying in Jurong and her in Queenstown... After which, she shifted back to Malaysia and we lost touch after secondary 2. I never expected myself to have her back as a friend let alone her visiting me in Stockholm! Friendster and Facebook work wonders and miracles in life!

Her 2-day visit was a short one because we decided to go to Italy together instead... Her arrival was 7 in the morning and I'd to pull myself really hard out of bed to get to the city terminal to pick her up at 8! I only had 2.5 hours of sleep that night because I slept at 5 a.m! As I had been to most of the attractions in Stockholm already, she'd no choice but to visit some by herself... But most of the time, I would company her to the specific attraction then leave her there...

If you had seen the pink flowers in the 'Spring in Stockholm' post, you can see that those flowers had turned GREEN!! Amazing right??
Yvonne said I looked like a typical undergraduate studying overseas in this photo. Do I?
She wanted to take really nice photos but find the sun unbearable!
@ the guard post. Like in Copenhagen, there's actually a certain distance you have to stand away from him. To top it up, there's a semi-circle boundary on the ground. Hilarious!
We were super lucky. It was May 1st, a public holiday. A lot of people gathered to see the change of guards. Guess what? We saw the King & Queen. They were waving from the window. Catch the pictures that follow.
See the small opening in the building? that's where the king and the queen stood...


I was just trying to be funny. Doing all sorts of naughty poses.. hahaha
Us Playing with the CityHall!


The next 2 are simply hilarious! hahaha.. All the mimicking poses...
I tried hard not to laugh. But I couldn't control myself...

We visited a cafe which I've always wanted to go and everyone strongly recommends-Cafe 60! Nice ambience in that cafe and it's not too expensive. :) Catch some photos of her visit.....

Attempting the Jump Shots.

yeah.. Cafe 60 & the yummylicious food....

Yvonne wanted to get to Ikea. But we didn't want to wait 45 minutes for the shuttle service. So we attempted on our own. Taking the train then the bus.... My first time!

We tried to take photos of IKEA in the background. But FAILED! The cheapest and best Ikea food. Hot Dog with Pizza! Just s$1/- each! :)

She said I blended with the COUCH extremely well.... I like RED! I AM A RED DEVIL :)

If you are a frequent visitor of Ikea, I bet you must have seen this building behind before. Yes, it's the Stockholm National Library. It's probably 5 minutes away from where I stay. :)
That's my School! Stockholm School of Economics.... It feels great to have a friend visiting... Sad that my family couldn't come to this beautiful city... I would love to bring them all around Stockholm... Likewise my other friends couldn't come..... You guys will love this beautiful city, trust me!

No comments: