Rome-Florence-Pisa. Why?
Because Trains to Pisa has to pass by Florence and there's no direct connection.
You have to transit yourself.
Then people question me.
So why not Rome-Florence-Pisa-Venice-Milan?
That's because to go to Venice, you have to go back to Florence anyway.
That's Italy. :)
It wasn't anything difficult and costly because Florence and Pisa belong to the same region, Tuscany.
Streets of Pisa..
Back to the main journey.
Though the train from Rome to Florence was delayed by 50 minutes, we still reached Florence earlier than expected.
Scheduled arrival time was 05:47 yet we were in Florence by 04:57.
Tired, Sleepy and Freezing as I was, I couldn't navigate.
There wasn't any train to Pisa at the train station.
So the next thing I had to figure out was, "Is Pisa name as Pisa in Italian?"
I approached this helpful American guy and asked him about trains to Pisa.
He explained that there are actually two train stations in Florence and trains to Pisa might be at the other one which explains why I don't see any listing of trains to Pisa.
He was nice. He was in a rush to board the cab but he promised to help me call a cab.
*Pause* How did I know he's American?
Watch out for the Florence post.
Indeed, the trains to Pisa are at the main train station, Santa Maria Novella.
I should have known that because the guide book said so.
But I forgot about it.
Anyway, we arrived at the hotel pretty early and the reception was nice enough to let us check in so we took a nap before we set off for our adventure.
Pisa is seriously a small town and there isn't much to do except for the leaning tower.
The weather in Pisa is much cooler and it drizzle a bit in the afternoon.
The leaning tower is FAB FAB FAB!!
It wasn't build to lean. It was supposed to be a normal, vertical tower.
Problems with the construction materials, the weather, erosion etc caused the tower to lean at the 4th level halfway through.
However, the architect refused to give up so construction continued.
It started to slant again on the 7th level.
I can only say that's GOD's CREATION! :)
Did all sorts of poses in front of the leaning tower.
It's fun.....
I did all possible poses to the Pisa Tower... Wonder if I get to Eiffel Tower, how will I survive since I will most probably be myself!




I did all possible poses to the Pisa Tower... Wonder if I get to Eiffel Tower, how will I survive since I will most probably be myself!




But people, I need to tell you this.
The leaning tower is much more inclined than what you see from the photos.
When I was taking the photos, I was frustrated because the tower just doesn't seem to be that leaning in the photos.
If you see it with your naked eye, it's super inclined.
So Yvonne tried.
We came up with one conclusion-The leaning tower doesn't lean in photos. :)
Anyway, we were fortunate enough to get up to the tower.
It costs EUR15 for a bare 30 minutes.
The number of visitors at each go is limited.
Apparently because of its inclination, the tower is vulnerable to erosion and destruction.
Acidic rain water erodes the marble exterior but its inclination worsens the erosion process..
A lot of maintenance has to be done.
That explains why it's costly to get up.
The surroundings. It's a Museum. Can't recall the name.
Went for Gnocchi for dinner!!
Yummy Yum Yum.....





















No comments:
Post a Comment