Monday, 19 May 2008

Edinburgh day 3-12th April 2008

1. Edinburgh Castle
2. National Museum of Scotland

Sometimes I don't like spending too many days in a city unless it''s a huge one like London.Paris.Berlin.Rome etc. You kind of get bored after some time.
But Edinburgh is different.
It has a lot to offer.
It's just that I lose touch with the city because I am only blogging about it one month after I've been there.
New cities like Rome, Athens diminishes my memory of Edinburgh.
Sorry about that.
I am kinda lost as to what I should blog about the trip.
So just watch the pictures alright?
Shall feed you guys more details with Italy-hell LOADS of FUN!
Stay Tuned~~

Edinburgh Castle


One O'clock GUn?
That's the bell tower from afar being sketched. I explained the mechanisms of how the One O'clock gun coordinates with the bell tower in previous post.
Medals won by soldiers on the battlefield. WWI.WWII.Civil wars etc.
One of the most significant battles in History for Scotland.UK. Battle of Waterloo. It was a Scottish soldier who shot down and got hold of the French Flag as depicted in the picture. And of course, not to forget, the Golden Eagle. Apparently, it's a key symbol of Napolean's French Army. The world is so big. There's so much history in Europe.

Italy.France.UK.Portugal.Holland.Germany.Greece. When can I ever finish them?


This is life in a military prison. It doesn't look that bad. There's like cupboard, a proper bed, sufficient space etc.

The group. I hate to say this but Kim's friend really resembles CHIN BOON!! hahaha... Click on the picture, enlarge it and see if you have the same sentiments as me. :) That's the WWI.WWII memorial museum. Photos not allowed except at the entrance. I like this quote that's why I took it down.
Kid's play-Knight Construction.

In the National Museum of Scotland- In the olden days, physicians' status are determined by this sedan chair. If you have one, it means you are of reputable status. Everyone works hard to try to get one. :) In the Kids' section, I found these few notes really funny and cute so I must share it with you guys..... They are replies to the question "What would you take if you'd to leave home and what would you miss?"
This is the most hilarious thing!! I would take DAD and MISS MOM? hahaha..


These are reveals of true feelings. I guess only kids are able to do that. As you age, you learn to hide your true feelings. You don't speak what you mean because you are expected to behave, to carry yourself well etc. Am I the only one that feels this way? I doubt so. Everyone will agree with me!

I wanna be a spacewoman!
3-wheel car. Cool yeah?
Mummy way of life?
Edinburgh Castle @ night...

End of Edinburgh trip~ CIAO~~

No comments: