Alice-in-wonderland is based there.
Christ Church College, inspiration for Harry Potter!
I was quite unfortunate because the church wasn't open on Sunday for visiting.
Anyway, the Hogwarts School in the show was actually modeled after Christ Church College.
Students in this college all stay around the campus
They will spend dinner time together like what you see in the show.
According to the guide, most scenes in the show were not film there.
It was filmed in a studio in America where they set up the whole place similar to CCC.
He also told us about the metro station in London where Harry Potter uses to get to Hogwarts.
There's a sign and rubbish bin there where you can take photos with. :) Hilarious.
Bill Clinton used to study in Oxford. :)
Oxford has the small town feel like Uppsala.
I like it. :)
Saw some traditional folk dancing there too..
Interesting.
Alice-in-wonderland
They seem to be oppressed everywhere.
Back in the olden days, dead Jewish bodies were not allowed to be buried in the church.
Even the alive are not allowed to step into the church.
This gate marks the border.
Stratford-upon-avon-birthplace of famous playwright, William Shakespeare.
Actually I wonder why on earth did I go on this tour?
I think I just wanna see more of UK.
Anyway, lots of stories about Shakespeare that I can talk about
I am not a fan of him definitely.
His dad was a rather famous figure in Stratford, a leather-maker.
Shakespeare left a huge fortune when he died.
It was all under the trust of his eldest daughter.
When I read his will, I thought it was really funny.
It's like every single asset of his was allocated to some family member or friend.
When I die, I should do that too.. hahaha..
Rather than just burn away everything right? hehehe...
Guys, tell me which asset of mine you like, I'll give it to you when I am dead.
I PROMISE. :)
Apparently, this house was sold and rented to many different people over the years.
It was only in the 19th century that the government decided to buy back the house
And preserve it as a heritage site.
I'd do that too.
Helps to earn lots of POUNDS :) hahahaha...
Streets of Stratford. It's full of flowers!! Nice. :)
It's really nice.
If it was my first time in Europe, first visit to a Castle, I'll be overwhelmed
But having seen a million castles, palaces etc.
I just feel indifferent when I see this.
I wanted to catch the trebuchet lanuch show but damn!
It started to rain and it took a super long time to lanuch.
I got fed-up after waiting for 20 minutes and decide to climb the castle towers instead.
It was a mad-tower!!
The no. of steps is INFINITE.
Plus there's only one entrance and one exit.
Once you are in it, there's no turning back.
Along the way, I saw kids panting away
If you have claustrophobia, don't ever step in.
Elderly are discouraged to enter the tower as well.
It's just mad!
Guess what I saw?
A RAINBOW!!
All my life, I've never seen a rainbow (from the time I knew what a rainbow is till 13th April 08)
It was mesmerizing...
I wish the rainbow never disappeared...
There was this taiwanese family who were sitting behind me.
The kids were fast asleep on the ride but when the rainbow appeared,
Both boys woke up to catch a glimpse of it.
I hope you can see the rainbow. I took it through the bus window. :)
I believe in a rainbow.
It carries a heavy weight in me.
About life.
How are rainbows formed?
After a storm, the sky clears.
Sunshine appears and with the clear sky,
We are able to see the spectrum of light.
Many a times, most of us take things for granted when we are in a comfortable state.
We then experience unhappiness at some point of time or another.
The misfortunes that come by jolt us out of complacency.
We learn new lessons and life kicks off with a clear blue sky once again.
So always remember, stay positive when facing any challenges or setbacks in life.
Everything will go well after all the setbacks
Just like how a rainbow always comes after the rain. :)
Next time if you ever feel feel down, think of rainbows like I do.
I hope it makes you feel better. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment