Happy Birthday, Weisheng! (dated 22nd May 2008)
God Damn don't ever say I am a JINX again!
Why?
Manchester United completed their DOUBLES tonight!
21st May 2008.
Now who says I am a JINX?
I was there on 10th February 2008 to catch the match and yes, they lost but so?
The accomplishments at the end of the SEASON says it all.
Now, 2007/2008 when Man Utd are double champions
I WAS IN MANCHESTER TO CATCH A GAME!
Anyway, talk a bit about the match.
As usual, went out with the group of boys to watch the soccer match at this Irish Pub.
I missed the first 10 minutes sad to say.
Was carrying my International Student ID card and the bouncer refused to let me in!
He say I could pay 5 EUR to buy that card so it wasn't a valid form of ID!
I hate that!
Everywhere else accepts that card except them!
I wanted to head back and not go out again.
But the group of friends who were with me were like
"Ginnelle, if you are not coming back, then either we head to the next pub or we will just all head back to Saltis."
I didn't want to spoil everyone's day.
A lot of coordination had been done to get everyone to meet there.
So I promise to go back, get my Passport and head back to meet them.
That was the only way to convince them to get into the bar and wait for me.
Of course I wouldn't cheat and not go back.
Missing 10 minutes of the game in exchange for 80 minutes of exciting company is DEFINITELY WORTHWHILE.
I don't want to be watching the match by myself for sure!
The atmosphere in the pub was GREAT.
That's the thing about being in Europe.
Football is such a huge thing everywhere, you see fans EVERYWHERE.
I would say there was a good balance of fans inside the pub.
Some Man Utd, some Chelsea.
But the Chelsea fans were much more rowdy
They were cheering all the time..
Especially during the penalties, I felt as though I was in Stamford Bridge?
I hate watching penalties.
It's just so random and dependent on luck.
Further, it always goes against my wishes.
But my best friend, Simon who was behind me and rooting for Man Utd as well just told me not to WORRY.
Yeah, he was right!
Honestly when Ronaldo missed the penalty, I did think all was lost.
To the extent, I nearly surrender to the claim that I AM A JINX.
But I remember what Damien said before.
"You should be proud of your team and never succumb until the last minute or when the game is over."
So I convinced myself that Chelsea is going to give way some point in the 4th or 5th penalty.
I feel sad for JT.
It's like he should be the last person to miss the penalty.
If Man Utd had lost, the same goes for Ronaldo.
They had put in so much effort for the teams they represent.
No way should the responsibility for loss be on them again!
Lalala...
No more words to say...
Manchester United are CHAMPIONS of the CHAMPIONS once again after 9 long YEARS! :)
I'll definitely have a good night's sleep...................
God Damn don't ever say I am a JINX again!
Why?
Manchester United completed their DOUBLES tonight!
21st May 2008.
Now who says I am a JINX?
I was there on 10th February 2008 to catch the match and yes, they lost but so?
The accomplishments at the end of the SEASON says it all.
Now, 2007/2008 when Man Utd are double champions
I WAS IN MANCHESTER TO CATCH A GAME!
Anyway, talk a bit about the match.
As usual, went out with the group of boys to watch the soccer match at this Irish Pub.
I missed the first 10 minutes sad to say.
Was carrying my International Student ID card and the bouncer refused to let me in!
He say I could pay 5 EUR to buy that card so it wasn't a valid form of ID!
I hate that!
Everywhere else accepts that card except them!
I wanted to head back and not go out again.
But the group of friends who were with me were like
"Ginnelle, if you are not coming back, then either we head to the next pub or we will just all head back to Saltis."
I didn't want to spoil everyone's day.
A lot of coordination had been done to get everyone to meet there.
So I promise to go back, get my Passport and head back to meet them.
That was the only way to convince them to get into the bar and wait for me.
Of course I wouldn't cheat and not go back.
Missing 10 minutes of the game in exchange for 80 minutes of exciting company is DEFINITELY WORTHWHILE.
I don't want to be watching the match by myself for sure!
The atmosphere in the pub was GREAT.
That's the thing about being in Europe.
Football is such a huge thing everywhere, you see fans EVERYWHERE.
I would say there was a good balance of fans inside the pub.
Some Man Utd, some Chelsea.
But the Chelsea fans were much more rowdy
They were cheering all the time..
Especially during the penalties, I felt as though I was in Stamford Bridge?
I hate watching penalties.
It's just so random and dependent on luck.
Further, it always goes against my wishes.
But my best friend, Simon who was behind me and rooting for Man Utd as well just told me not to WORRY.
Yeah, he was right!
Honestly when Ronaldo missed the penalty, I did think all was lost.
To the extent, I nearly surrender to the claim that I AM A JINX.
But I remember what Damien said before.
"You should be proud of your team and never succumb until the last minute or when the game is over."
So I convinced myself that Chelsea is going to give way some point in the 4th or 5th penalty.
I feel sad for JT.
It's like he should be the last person to miss the penalty.
If Man Utd had lost, the same goes for Ronaldo.
They had put in so much effort for the teams they represent.
No way should the responsibility for loss be on them again!
Lalala...
No more words to say...
Manchester United are CHAMPIONS of the CHAMPIONS once again after 9 long YEARS! :)
I'll definitely have a good night's sleep...................
No comments:
Post a Comment