Friday, 30 May 2008

Milan (day 7.8)-8th.9th May 2008

Headed to Milan in the afternoon at around 2p.m.
Our ticket was actually an evening one at 5.17p.m
But we decided to go early so that we can walk around Milan a bit.
Seriously, Milan is BORING!
Just get there if you want all the High-End goods.
The only famous attraction is probably the Duomo Cathedral.
Honestly, everyone is Milan dresses in the most fashionable way possible.
So you really have to watch what you wear.
LV.Prada.Gucci.Bulgvari.Chanel
They are everywhere!

Anyway, some funny stories on the train to Milan!
Because we didn't take the train that we are supposed to
Halfway through the journey when the ticketing officer came up
We had to alight.
Otherwise we have to pay a supplement of 27,40EUR for the more comfortable train.
Yet another trick learnt.
I think I am becoming so dishonest!!

It's a pity that we didn't manage to see the steps in the Duomo Cathedral.
The opening hours to get up is 9a.m-5p.m
By the time we were there
It was already 6p.m!
I definitely can't go the next morning because my flight to Greece is at 11:50 a.m
Yvonne could have gone there herself but she didn't want to.
So she went to the Airport together with me.

This is one of the most stunning Cathedrals I've seen. Too bad we didn't manage to get up the steps. You can't see it from here...


The interior.
The most scary thing that can happen when you travel happened just 50 minutes before my flight.
Apparently she forgot to bring the credit card which she had used to pay for her flight back to Singapore.
The airport personnel didn't allow her to fly.
It was stated very clearly on the booking itinerary.
They suggested that she buy another ticket at 900EUR! That's insane!
So there was a lot of discussion, phonecalls all around and finally we managed to settle it at 11:15 a.m, in time for me to fly to Greece.
I can't imagine what would happen if she had to buy another ticket.
I can't miss my flight to Greece either because I've paid for everything.
So lesson learnt: Always bring the credit card which you make your booking!

Milan Malpensa Airport. Hong, does that ring a bell to you?
This girl is damn cute. She was running all around the bus. Why this bus? It's actually a shuttle from the terminal building to the air-plane. Many of Italy's airport has this feature. It's not because it's budget. Their runways are just too far away from their terminal building. :) Her mom was busy making some phonecalls and kept asking her to sit and stop moving about but she just refused to listen. When she call me taking photos, she posed for me! So I asked if she wanted to have a shot, CHAK. I took it. She was so happy when she saw it. Btw, her name is Michelle. :)

71 to Michelle:'If one day when you grow up and am able to surf the web, I hope fate brings you get to this blog so you can see how you looked like years back and remember this brief encounter of us.'

Ciao Bella Italia, Hihi Greece!

No comments: