Friday, 2 May 2008

Football is my life!

People complain that my blog is mundane.
SO I need to blog more and of course, blog stuff with more substance.

Sometimes I think I am a jinx.
My fav. team always loses when I watch them play.
From Euro 2004 to World Cup 2006
I watched England lost to Portugal twice in a row!
David Beckham missed the penalty!

Then it was Champions League's Final 2004/2005.
I am never on Liverpool's side.
I watched AC Milan giving away their 3-0 lead.
My fav. AC Milan player back then (Kaka wasn't there.) Sheva MISSED the PENALTY again!

Worst was to come.
My maiden soccer match in Man Utd.
They lost 1-2.

Last Saturday, I set off cheerfully to watch the most important match of the season.
One decisive game of who becomes Champions for the season.
Chelsea Football Club VS Manchester United Football Club.
Overjoyed when Rooney converted from Cavalhro's mistake at a freekick.
Michael Ballack tore my day apart.
He twice netted in goal and my heart sank.
Man Utd would have been crowned Champions if they won or maybe draw would be a better result.
I will be away in Italy.Greece for 2 weeks so I will miss the next 2 matches
However, I will keep myself updated.
I want this to be a doubles' season for Man Utd.
I want this season to be remembered by everyone.
So I can tell everyone proudly:
"YES! 2007/2008, the season when Man Utd was crowned Champions of Barclay's Premier League Champions and UEFA Champions League, I was there for a game." :)
At least that will really convince everyone else around me that I am not a JINX.

My brother,"Eh, I think you better don't watch the game and bring bad luck."
Peiliang,"Please tell me who you support on Monday so that I can go to Singapore Pools on Tuesday and buy the opposite team."
"So you were there. That explains why Man Utd lost to Chelsea." .... I can't rmb who said that.

I don't know why but I just love football.
It's part of my life already.

Watched the Man Utd Vs Barcelona plus Chelsea Vs Liverpool game.
Both were INSANELY GOOD!
Yes, it's during games like these that you feel your adrenaline rush!
I was so happy that Man Utd won.
Simply holding my breath towards the last 10 minutes of the games.
Neighbours who were watching with me constantly reminded me not to be complacent.
A goal within the 10 minutes is all it takes to change the outcome.
I am glad I rode through it. :)
Man Utd is on their way to MOSCOW~
That night, I'd pizza but no beer.
My french neighbour totally ordered the famous BIG pizza.
I don't think it's the best. There's another much better one.
I will convince him on that sooner or later.
Anyway, he said,"Pizza + Booze + Soccer. That's the best combination and luxury in life."
Yeah I AGREE!

As for the Chelsea game, I was lonely.
Everyone had gone to Russia.
Fortunately, I've this friend in Amsterdam who's watching too.
So we chatted on MSN as we watch.
I ain't that lonely after all.
Finally, Chelsea had their revenge!
But I think the victory is rather an insult to Jose Mourihno.
Chelsea had failed to beat Liverpool twice under his management.
It's not because Mourihno isn't good enough.
He just had POOR LUCK.
But he's really one of the best managers around. :)
I used to like Chelsea quite a fair bit because of Mourihno.
I like the way he manages the club, the confidence he has.
I love it when fans cheer for him even after he's gone.
That's because he brought unusual success to the club, to the fans.
It's great watching his expressions, his comments.
They usually startle you.

Sorry Liverpool fans, no silverware this season. BLEH! :p

21st May 2008
Moscow
UEFA Champions League 2008
Chelsea Vs Manchester United

It's revenge time!
But I don't deny seeing two English teams in the finals is kind of boring.
That would appear similar to a Premier League game. :(

No comments: