Wednesday, 30 January 2008

_How people view myself_

I finished watching a HK show recently called "Heart of Greed" (Tang Xin Feng Bao) and was totally impressed by it.. It isn't the typical HK drama where it involves only romance, or friendship or family... It was really a combination of all, & to how people handle interpersonal relationships.. I strongly recommend everyone to watch it...

Let me blog about a few issues that were showcased in the show which really makes people ponder about themselves...

1) Have you ever make a wish secretly and hope that you were born with a silver spoon?
Ans: I admit I myself had wished for that before but apparently, even if you are born with a silver spoon, that might not be a great thing.. A kid born in a wealthy family has this one issue to face all his life: EXPECTATIONS... I hate expectations because I think it is an invisible form of pressure... It's like people are judging you, saying how you should be and stuffs and it's really tiring~ Furthermore, Money is next big issue that you have to face! Money is the root of all evil isn't it? People quarrelling over who should inherit the wealth etc etc & I've seen that in real life too :) Where there's money, there's no love! Family members' taking sides, friends stick to you for "good cause", relatives gossip, flaming the fires... How ugly that can be?

71:"To all my family members- Never let money be the cause of any of our conflicts be it now or in the future!"

2) Have you ever had a friend whom you promise to stand by forever?
Ans: I am sure everyone has! But because of certain things that he or she has done, you quarrel or sink into a cold war and find it hard to forgive her and even after you forgive her, you find it hard to face her.. When you see her, you dare not call out to her... Does that signify the end of the friendship? Most probably it is.. I guess it's all about pride... No one will think he or she is at fault when it is a misunderstanding and during a quarrel... Because of that, when you feel like apologising after a while, nothing comes to your mind and you don't know how to go about it..
Sometimes, certain things that you do hurt others without you yourself being aware of it.. To all my friends out there: If I ever hurt you and I did not apologise to you-

71 Shouts:"I AM SORRY!"

3) Have you ever love someone and you always feel what you have done for him or her is never enough?
In the initial stage of a relationship, it's always the honeymoon period... Whatever the opposite party does, you will find it sweet and "tolerable" even though it is really childish if you think about it.. As the relationship goes into the Long Run, you get sick and tired of that person and you always feel that what you have done for him or her is for protection.. You don't care if that person likes it or not, you love him or her in the way you would want to be loved.. At this point of time, you quarrel over trivial matters and claim that you don't understand that person... Ultimately, if you can't withstand the pressure, you BREAK OFF! Why?! I don't know... But I think it's totally true... that's what I learn from that show! hahaha...

I like this question:"How people view myself?" I guess different people will have different judgments on me, on my life etc... Some would envy, some would criticise and it's totally impossible for me to please everyone so I guess I will never do that... I just want to lead the life I want, be contented with the freedom I enjoy now and of course to leave this world with as little regrets as possible... Maybe it's good everyone occasionally reflect on their lives and think about how others view them? But at the end of the day, do remind yourself that eventually,
IT"S YOUR LIFE!

No comments: