My 4th day in Stockholm… It was really another fun-filled day… Met up with Kim at her room at around 9am (the earliest timing so far) for breakfast… We wanted to have the cereals that were left behind by her previous occupant and we had bought milk yesterday (we assumed it was milk) but it turned out to be yoghurt! That’s the embarrassment that comes along when you can’t understand a single Swedish word and did not attempt to seek help from the supermarket staff… hahaha.. The cereal was nice but not the yoghurt.. After breakfast, we headed to the ikea bus stop to wait for the FREE IKEA bus-stop… Why do I emphasize the word FREE? Stuffs here are really expensive, especially transport and food so it’s like every time we know something is free, we become damn high and would want to fully utilize it! (Possessed by OMMA) Hahaha.. but the real reason of going to IKEA again is because the guy on the IKEA bus the previous day told us we can get cheap clothing in the area so we wanted to try our luck… The sun shone brightly that morning and I managed to capture this really beautiful picture of the sun…

Indeed, it was the factory outlet stores and stuff were comparatively cheaper than the city itself but not any cheaper also… We saw piles of snow and were really eager to see the city snowing some day though we know we will be freezing by then.. *Pause* Imagine you are sitting by the window latch and seeing snow falling from the sky… How splendid that moment will be! (Cross arms) I am waiting! Hehe.. Also, we saw this really big candy stores and there are at least 100plus different types of candies and chocolates! Heaven!

Continue….we

walked ard, din’t buy much then headed to IKEA for the hotdog bun and pizza! Seriously, it’s the cheapest meal u can get.. A hotdog and a drink for 10Kroners (2.5 SGD) A pizza is at 5KR which is 1.4SGD(estimate)… After that, we headed to the museum tours! Hehee..

The first stop is the Skansen Museum… It’s an Open Air Museum with displays of Swedish culture, lifestyle dated back to history and also it’s a mini zoo… There were lots of animals there and we saw lots of Scandinavian animals, which we will never see in Singapore! However, the place was too big and we did not have time to cover the entire area, as we had to head to 2 other museums… The whole are would probably be like the size of Hong Kong Disneyland but full of trees and slopes… I took a day to cover HK Disney so there’s really a limited space that I can visit in the 1-hr at Skansen… Furthermore, if you are kidnapped there, no one will ever know so if you stay as a refugee, I doubt anyone can track you down! Also, I managed to capture a few mesmerizing views from the top…Kim was commenting that those shots look like postcards which we buy.. Sad to say, I don’t know what those places are exactly..


2nd museum was the Vasamuseet.. It is a display of a ship that actually sank on its maiden voyage..To make things worst, it did not travel more than 100m or more if I remember correctly! hehe.. the ship was built in 1600s and it was a plan by the government to show off its gun power and Sweden’s power during those days as Sweden was a prominent figure in Europe at that time.. Anyway, the ship was really beautiful, with carvings of the Roman Kings, and dragon statues etc etc.. After it sank, no one found it until a shipwreck specialist discovers it in 1926, which is like 300 years later!


The last destination was the Junibacken.. It’s a toy story museum, Kid’s heaven… We took a tiny train and along the way, they displayed the story of a Swedish children story.. However, both of us were so engaged in taking photos and videos that we did not pay much attention to the commentary…In addition, we did not even recognize those characters. we were just amazed by how they piece everything up together… either Disney stole their ideas or the other way round I guess.. hahaha.. Anyway, the whole place is like a children’s playground, with lots of toys and children clothing for the kids to meddle with… Seeing their lifestyle, I hope Singapore implements something like that! I strongly feel that it is a way of promoting childbirth and building up bonds between the parent and the child…

No comments:
Post a Comment