Monday, 2 June 2008

Pussy me.

I discover 2 new things about myself these few days.

1. I am a PERSISTENT person. At least that's what my roomie told me. We were revising for our exams and I actually spent 2 days revising 4 lectures because I didn't understand the content despite reading them 2-3 times. I was so fed-up! I tried different methods, asked different people (my roomie, kenneth & seng wee ) for insights but no one could enlighten me! In the end, on Fri night, when I was on the verge of giving up and decided to attend the Hungarian guy's departure party, my French neighbour talked to me. He saw me studying in the afternoon and perhaps I looked really stressed up. So he asked if I was doing well with my revision.

I was so unhappy about the whole thing and told me I am really screwed though all I need is just a pass. I casually asked him if he's good with international trade policy and he say "yeah, he's quite good with it." So in the party, when everyone was busy drinking, shouting with the music going on, we talked about INTERNATIONAL TRADE. He actually spent 10 minutes trying to explain to me some mechanics (& I sincerely appreciate that) of it but I guess I was too drained to think. Ended up, he offered to help me the next day. He told me to just go to him with my notes and book. In confusion, it ended up that he helped me that very night.

I took a bath and went to his room with my notes and book. Though he didn't physically help me out by explaining the mechanics of how the graphs shift, I must say he provided me GREAT INSIGHTS and psychological help. I guess most people will understand why. That very night, I was so motivated and I FINALLY FIGURED OUT what the 4 lectures were about!! I was so happy. Or maybe the alcohol help a bit? hahaha...

So my roomie commented that I am SO PERSISTENT. I refused to move on to the remaining 8 lectures when I am just 5 days away from my exam. :) But my persistence pay off. Now I really pray I can pass the exam!!!

If I really make it for the exam, I know who to THANK!!

2. I develop attachment to people easily. These few days or rather I should say these few weeks or past 2 months, the bond between my roomie has become so strong that I feel sad that I will be leaving her soon.

Remember how I used to whine about how untidy she is and inconsiderate blah blah.. Now that I look back at it, I think I am so CHILDISH. It's a fact that she's probably untidy etc but all it takes was for me to be more accommodating. I am glad I managed to do that after 4 months :) As exams are round the corner, we are busy studying now. But we all need a break in between some time or another so we started to talk and share a lot of things.

We chat all the time, help each other with our revision, me cooking for her, her offering her "ready-made" food etc. I started to introduce her my favourite music, Yang Zong Wei, Fish Leong, Xiao Huang Qi etc.. You guys must be really taken aback now, right? In fact when she was traveling during the past 2 weeks and I'd the whole room to myself, I felt lonely at times. I need to be around people all the time. I like interaction so when I am by myself (though I felt good about enjoying the double room to myself), I miss her presence, miss someone who's been around the past 5 months to share my stuff with me.

We even talked about our "back-to-singapore" life. We are planning to go for YOGA together if time allows or even blade together. I will miss her after I am back honestly. :)

No comments: