I arrived back at the hostel that I stayed at around 7:30 a.m. Logged on to the free internet service in the hostel to reconfirm my flights etc. This was more like a transit day for me. I have 2 connecting flights. From Athens-Milan then Milan-Stockholm....
The thing about traveling by myself is that I meet new people almost everyday. You can also say that when you travel alone, people break into your social circle more easily because they will start to initiate conversations with you etc. When I was traveling with Kim, neither of us see the need to meet people. However, I won't say we didn't make any friends at all. We did make friends in Munich and we even chatted with policeman along the way. But most of the time, we just did everything together.
This new friend of mine is from freaking ROMANIA!!!!! I actually met him on the day of the walking tour (he's a staff at the hostel) and chatted a bit. But we talked more on my last day in Greece because the internet connection was down and I couldn't use it. He had to wait till 9 a.m for the walking tour. When I mention about Romania, most people would just scratch their heads. Who on earth in Romania travels? haha.. Or rather it's always shock when someone you meet comes from Eastern Europe. haha.. Like the Argentinian, he has a degree too. But no one values his degree I guess... So he flew to Greece hoping to find some job opportunities and I guess hostels are the easiest.
Levis is damn atas in Athens!

I am kinda impressed by what he told me. He wants to go to China around August to live there. It aroused my curiosity because he is the first European that I met who expressed interest in Asian civilisation. He wasn't just blabbering nonsense. Imagine he was able to ask me questions in Chinese?! Of course he isn't as fluent and can't pronounce as well as us native speakers but I give him a pass for that. I've met people from almost all over the world now.
North America.South America.Eastern Europe.Western Europe.Pacific (Australia).Asia of course!
Wait till I get to Africa to meet some Red Indians and Antarctica to find fellow eskimos yeah! hahaha....
I headed to the shopping district supposingly for a walk and window-shopping. But my impulsive personality took a toll on me as usual. I couldn't resist the urge to buy those greek slippers and my usual HRC stuff. Fortunately the slippers are not too expensive, just 12 EUR. But to some others, that's considered spendthrift! ^-^
By almost 11.30 a.m, I was sick of the place already and since I didn't feel like walking around further, I headed to the airport in hope of MORE shopping and of course to help OMMA to find the Ferrero Garden chocolates.... I tried Athens city.Athens Intl Airport.Milan Malpensa.Milan Bergamo but sorry Omma, I couldn't get them. I think I need to go to a grocery store in Italy to find them but apparently my flight connection didn't allow any chance to get to a supermarket in Milan AT ALL. But, there's always france.spain.portugal which I can head to. So just cross your fingers and pray hard they have them.... :)
Hong, does that ring a bell to you? Athens airport! haha..

Their toilet flush is damn cool. You push the bottom half to get the water gushing out and you gotta push STOP otherwise the water will just keep flushing.
I went to this museum in the airport and saw these! Apparently, there used to be civilisation on this area that has now become the airport. So the authorities built a museum right inside the airport. These are measurement weights anyway.
In conclusion, I just spend my last day of the trip flying 2.5 hours then taking a 2 hour bus and back to a 2.5 hour plane.
Once again, from the plane!
Home Sweet Home Stockholm~!Before I forget, I must tell you guys about air-turbulence. I never experienced it before until this Greece trip. Apparently, air-turbulence is extremely frequent in the Italy-Greece route. I don't know why. Maybe it's because of the sea? The plane jerks really hard and becomes really unstable when you have air-turbulence. Now I understand why some people have fears for air-crafts. When you are air-borne, there's really NOTHING you can do if you experience some accident. You COMPLETELY have NO CONTROL over YOUR LIFE anymore. But for the sake of roaming the world, I am willing to take the RISK. :)

No comments:
Post a Comment