Thursday, 5 June 2008

The End in 2 days.

I have two more posts from Athens that are scheduled to be posted in the next two days. Yes, I am just two days away from my departure from Stockholm. Where am I heading to??

WESTERN EUROPE FINALLY!!

Like I planned, Madrid.Porto.Lisbon(maybe).Marrakech.Barcelona.Paris.Strausbourg are on my itinerary. However, I may squeeze a day trip to Basel (hopefully I can get a match ticket at a good price) to soak myself in the Euro 2008 feel~~

What have I been up to the past week? What else but studying? Never in my life have I ever mugged so hard before. I guess not even when I was in NUS. This course is extremely difficult and most people are just aiming for a PASS when they study the shit out of them! I studied the shit out of me too but that's because I really hope to pass and hopefully get a prominent grade though they don't matter to me. :)

However, everyone needs a break at some point or another right? So on Sunday afternoon, I went out with my neighbours to catch the Sweden Vs Ukraine friendly match!! It was great. The match wasn't that exciting considering the fact that they only netted one goal. However, you can feel the difference in culture and the atmosphere of the stadium in Manchester and Sweden. The Swedes are really reserved people and their cheering was soft and usually in the form of clapping or encouragement. The stadium probably only had 30 Ukrainians but they were so loud that their voices simply covered those of the Swedes. So my Spanish neighbour & I came to a conclusion: It's quite a shame for the Swedes honestly. Though this isn't a match-game in any form of competition, but supporters should establish the HOME-GROUND status and give players the right form of encouragement.

When I was in Manchester, the cheering was SO Loud that it sounded as though the Stadium was ROARING!! English fans are more hard-core I guess and they really go all out to sing and keep themselves entertained.....

Anyway, I cycled with my neighbours there and it was definitely one of the best experiences one could ever have!! :) That match kind of motivated me to go to Basel to try my luck?!

Okay, last but not least, right after my exam, I actually took a walk to one of the parks in Stockholm with my roomie. We were supposed to go to the Nordiska museum but apparently it was closed because the opening hours changed after MAY!!

As I was talking to my roomie about the fact that we are leaving in another 2 days' time, she told me that I should be glad that I am leaving. It's always better to leave a place when you still have good memories rather than to leave it because you feel sick and tired about it. Yeah indeed, that very evening, something happened and finally triggered my desire to leave a bit.

But, I must say I really love this place and I still feel reluctant to leave. It has given me too much happy memories that no single bad event is able to override. :)

No comments: