Anyway, talk about this cool Australian couple that I met. They are around 26-29 I'd say (I didn't ask their age but I estimated from the events that they told me.) so they have quite a huge amount of savings for this Europe/Africa trip. God! They will be traveling for 1.5 years till their savings run out. This is one way of traveling. An alternative that I've come across is people who work and travel at the same time.
I admire people from both categories deep from my heart because traveling round the world has always been my dream, even till today! But the thing that's holding me back is the lack of courage to leave behind everything in Singapore. You have no career to talk about, you become homeless when traveling etc. Your home is the backpack that you carry around all the time. Honestly, I did consider that as an option after graduating from Polytechnic. I even look at air-stewarding as a potential career option. But, I am caught in a rat race ain't I? My responsibility to improve the economic well-being of my family does hold me back I guess.
Alright, more about the places they went to! The girl has some relatives in Naples, Italy so Italy is definitely on their agenda but gosh, they traveled around Africa prior to this!!!
Places that they have been to: Syria.Turkey.South Africa.Zimbabwe.Namibia etc. I am so impressed when they told me about it. They did road trips in certain places in Cape Town etc. It's so COOL!!
71 thinks:"Hmm, I need someone who's good at navigation as my partner?"
Yes, backpacking is tough because you don't get enough sleep, you are on a budget, you can't buy whatever that you want etc but the experience is beyond description. It's really a test of your physical and mental tolerance. I love challenges like these!
I heard a lot about turkey when I was in Greece. I guess the physical proximity between the two countries is one of the reason people hop from Turkey to Greece or vice versa. Everyone says Istanbul is beautiful, people are nice etc. To me, anywhere except your hometown is nice because they are fresh to you, isn't it so? But French are exceptions. Their country is so beautiful that no one can beat them to it. I've a new dream-to live in Paris some day in the near future. However, I must make sure I learn my French well before I can do that.... :) can't wait to go to FRANCE!!!! J'adore la Francais! :)
Too much crap in my post about Corfu. I've been talking about everywhere except Corfu huh? Upon arrival at the hostel, The Pink Palace, we were all offered Ouzo, traditional greek alochol! I downed 2 shots. Why? Because I didn't know we had to wait for everyone to drink so I drank it the moment it was offered to me and the receptionist made me drink the 2nd one! It BURNS your THROAT seriously. We had rice wine when we were in Vietnam and I thought that was strong enough already. Wait till you get your hands on Ouzo, you will totally FAINT! I wanted to buy a bottle back to Singapore but I can't bring it in. Sorry GuYs. :(
The great thing about this hostel is Breakfast+Dinner are both provided! Of course there isn't much to do there, you have to spend money and make use of their facilities like Quad-safari, 4-wheelers or go on their booze cruise. But the moment I got my room key, I just headed for bed. I didn't want to think about anything else.
By the time I gain consciousness, it was already 3 in the afternoon!! Headed to the beach, sit around and at 5 p.m, headed back for some real football action. Like I mentioned previously, the crowning of the CHAMPIONS!! Lalala, Man Utd added another title to their collection. Applaud Gigsy for his 10th one! So now Man Utd has 17 titles on hand, which is one less than Liverpool's 18. But looking at the possibility of Liverpool gaining another title within these 3 years, which is nearl to impossible, Man Utd should be able to overtake them any time. Now, eyes on the Champions League Finals. I doubt Man Utd will win. Moscow=Russia=Abramovich's turf, isn't it?




Think about this. Fulfilling your dream in the place you call home brings the sweetest memory, am I right? Abramovich has been eyeing for CL glory ever since the day he bought Chelsea over. Now that the finals is held in Moscow where he belongs, what makes you think that he wouldn't want it? MONEY TURNS THE WORLD AROUND ESPECIALLY WHEN IT COMES TO FOOTBALL.... :) So people, you know who to bet on huh? hehe...
Dinner was FAB FAB. Soup, Salad and Main Course. I met the group of friends whom I am supposed to meet during dinner finally! A sense of guilt arose in me because I left the group of Australians and 2 Canadian girls who companied me the whole day after I met up with my friends. I didn't mean it but it's just that I don't feel easy with them. That's unusual of me because I usually mix with people of all age groups. I think it's spending power that sets us apart. All of them were drinking bottles of wine when my friends and I are destined to have beer since we are poor students and kids. :( So I slowly drifted away after dinner.
No party for that night because it was Sunday and everyone was recovering from the crazy Toga party the previous so it was bed-time by about 11 or so. :) I missed it.
Great Food!!
No comments:
Post a Comment