12 days.5 countries.7 cities
Hectic as it is
I enjoyed it thoroughly
Leaving for Edinburgh in 2 days time
Shall update my blog asap after I am back
Keep a lookout
Alright, today I FINALLY cooked Chinese food for my fellow European counterparts. Apparently they have been asking me what's typical of Chinese food and say I should cook for them some time. So I took a bit of time today to went to do the groceries and cooked for them.
It was a bit last-minute. My class ended at 5 p.m and I headed straight to the Asian supermarket to get the Chinese Vegetables, Oyster Sauce, Noodles. I was done with grocery shopping by 6 and I'd to start doing up the dishes.
Menu:
1) Fried Noodles with mushrooms, sliced carrots and shredded chicken
2) Steamed Egg with diced carrots and bacon
3) Chinese Kai Lan in Oyster sauce
Guys, don't drool! haha.. Dinner was supposed to start at 7.30p.m but I was 45 minutes late. It was tedious. I can totally understand now the reason why my mom starts to prepare the ingredients at 4:30 p.m when dinner only starts at 7p.m. hahaha...
Some problems I'd along the way that delayed the process of the cooking.
- The freaking Chicken refused to be de-frosted. I had to defrost it for 20 minutes!!
- Insufficient glass bowls and pots to steam the egg (I couldn't steam the egg at one shot. I had to separate them into 3 bowls eventually.)
Initially I was afraid they might not get used to the taste of Chinese food especially with the oyster sauce and Chinese vegetables. But I am glad everyone liked the dinner. (Unless their comments weren't insincere.) I didn't have time to take any photos though. :(
No comments:
Post a Comment