Friday, 18 April 2008

Salzburg-26th March 2008

Departure: Munich Haufbahnhof @ 07:45hours
Arrival: Salzburg Haufbahnhof @ 09:05 hours
This shall be a photo do the talking post.

Once we arrived, we went straight to the tourist office. Trust me, the train station was like some deserted venue. Haha..Salzburg is a small town. The reason why we were there was because we heard is beautiful and of course Sound of Music.

I didn't know much about the show prior to the visit in the sense I heard of it before but I hadn't watch it. Everyone said it was worth going because of the sights that you will go to and obviously if you are really into the show!

Yeah, the sights were great just that I couldn't really identify with it because I didn't watch the movie! But anyway, Kim summarized the movie for me in like 3 minutes. Immediately after I came back from the tour, I caught the movie. For all music lovers out there, please watch the show. It's really really NICE!

I shall show you some photos and those who have watched it will really enjoy it.....

Gestapo where 16 going on 17 was sung
Just a snow covered patch on our way
The Alley where she did the jump-skip steps on her way to the house
The alley where the father drove through-the kids climbing trees
Trying to do my snow angel!
The Castle which you see in the movie.
Their House
The Gestapo was placed right in between the two houses. The lake where they fell into.
Sorry but I can't remember what was this.
The red top building was the Abbey Maria was from.
Inside the Abbey-where the wedding took place
The Horse Fountain

The tour took up 4 hours so we more or less utilised half a day already. After the tour, we went to the city centre for our usual walking tour. However, there wasn't any guide. It was our self-walking tour. haha... The first stop was Mozart's Birthplace!

The thing about Salzburg is you see MOZART's display almost everywhere!! From shirts, souvenirs to chocolates or even cookies. Almost everything had his print on it. Shopping was part of the itinerary too but things weren't too cheap.

The Monchsberglift is the one I love best. You take an elevator up the most stunning panorama terrace in Salzburg and the view there is magnificent. If you have been reading my blog often, you will realise I have been to a million of towers with paranomic views. haha.. Yes I did. I mean nothing beats seeing the city from the top. But Salzburg doesn't have the best view. The city is very flat and houses all looked the same-yellow! Nevertheless, the fact that it was covered with snow made it all worth of.

Paranomic View - Salzburg full of bridges because there's a division between left and right bank
See the Austrian Alps from afar!
More Paranomic Views...
We took a walk around the surroundings and finally found our spot to build our snowmen!! Finally! Spent freaking 1.5 hours making the snowmen and by the time it was done, my hands were frozen.haha...
Snowmen in progress
Me and my HUGE snowmen
Kim & Her Mini-one
Striking down the snowmen.
P/S IF: Your hands will hurt after that. :)


Eating Pizza on the streets! You have to be fast. Otherwise it turns cold easily
How would it be like to spend X'mas in Salzburg honestly?
Imitating Mozart
I love horses. Symbol of Freedom...
Another of our mischievous acts suggested by ME :)
In the evening, I took this Cable railway up to HohenSalzburg Fortress! It's sloped 45deg and the speed was fast! But it was a short trip so it isn't that scary. Here, I encounter the typical Austrian and German attitude which I will elaborate again in my other German post.

Me: May I have the ticket for the cable railway? How much would it be?
Staff: It's $6,70 EUR up and down the cable railway. Everything is closed at the top.
Me: Sorry I don't get it. Does that mean the railway won't stop?
Staff: It's $6,70 EUR up and down the cable railway. Everything is closed at the top. I don't speak English. Do you want the ticket?
Me: Okay I will get it.

WTH? I was just trying to clarify. These unfriendly people. Anyway the view up was magnificent too. It's actually a fortress but it's closed that day. I think it must be due to winter or easter. That happens when you travel during winter or easter. You see lesser things.

That's the fortress!
Kids throwing snowballs at each other. So cute...

Our last stop was the Hellbrunn Palace and the trick fountains. Took photos, try to do the snow angels. Nothing much.

Me & my snow angel finally! But the ground was white so it isn't that clear. Kim looked funny in this one..
Wien, Hier komme ich!

No comments: