Monday, 28 April 2008

Asian Dinner Party

22nd April 2008-Asian Food Dinner Party
Organised by Japan.Taiwan.Thailand.Singapore.China.Iran
One of the Japanese exchange guy initiated it
I just played along
Supposingly, I was supposed to make Chicken Rice
But it was kind of last minute and I got lazy
So I made FRIED RICE instead.
The dinner was fabulous.
All these whiles, the Caucasians had been dominating the parties.
It's like they are always the majority
But this time, we turned the tables around.
Check the food out!

Japan-Soba with Omelette.Japanese Spring Rolls.Taco Rice
Taiwan-3 Bei Chicken.Oyster sauce veggies.Baked Potato with mushrooms.Rice with tomatoes
China-Dumplings.Some spring rolls.
Thailand-Vegetarian Curry.Vegetarian Hot & Spicy Soup (Not tom yam)
Singapore-Singapore Curry.Fried Rice
Iran-Persian (Potatoes+Rice)





Met 2 Singaporean guys there, supposingly they are on NOC
Another kind of exchange which requires them to work and study concurrently
It was really cool!
I mean other than my mahjong khakis, I never met any other Singaporeans
We exchanged contacts, talked about SINGAPORE of course
How we miss those local cuisines.
So we decided to make CHAR KWAY TIAO for lunch the next day
Since their workplace is just 5 minutes from my hostel
Too bad I only met them now
If I'd met them earlier, it'd have been great.
We could have traveled together to some cities etc
Anyway, late is better than never.

Our Char Kway Tiao!


Kamala (Thai).Kenneth.Me.Monica (Singapore UNITES!)


Strategies & Incentives Classmates.
Kohta (Japan).Monice.Me.Emile (Dutch).Gergely behind (Hungarian)

One of them is a Computer Science Student and he's really nice
Used to be from Ngee Ann too!!
He helped me installed a lot of great and chill programmes on my MacBook!
Then today, which is Sunday, he invited me over for Herbal Chicken Soup as Dinner!
Though I am not a Chinese-food lover, I enjoyed the meal!
3 of us plus the Japanese girl who lives opposite him

And some outdated photos from the French Dinner.
Don't know what's wrong with my eyes.
My new found friend, Sergio.
We met first during the Mexican party but I don't know him well yet.
Actually, he stays in the same block as me.
Then at the French Dinner we talked more and that's how I know him better!
He's really cool and really nice.
I like to talk to him because he's very knowledgeable yet humble.
Totally have the whole artistic thingy going on. :)

Maki(Japan).Me.Sergio(Mexican).


Armen (My fellow soccer buddy). German but grew up in Spain
Die-hard Barca Fan.
That's his cap that I am wearing. He has a super small head.
Luckily my head is small enough that I can fit into it without much effort.


After seeing all these pictures
You should understand why I am reluctant to head back to Singapore!

No comments: