Happy Birthday JJ a.k.a Jin Jie! (Dated 19th April 2008)
14th April 2008 20:00hours -French Dinner
I just came back from Edinburgh in the afternoon
Was preparing for class when my french neighbour told me to be there
So after classes, I dumped my laundry immediately
It was at another student hostel
Had to arrange to go with the other students
Quick as I am, managed to reach the venue in time before 8p.m.
I don't know much about french food prior to this
Only the popular ones like ratatouille, crepes
According to others, weird stuff like snails, snakes etc ? haha..
France is my FAVOURITE country
Paris has always been my dreamed destination
French is the most pleasant language around!
AND, the dinner was FABULOUS!
Kicked off with small pieces of bread with some toppings on it
To be truthful, I really didn't know what was in it
Ate 3-4 pieces though.
Maybe eggs or salmon?
Anyway, it was good so it shuts my mouth. haha...
Started mingling with all my fellow friends whom I had not meet for ages
People were questioning my absence for the past month
Yeah & sorry, i was busy traveling!
Up next on the menu was some PIE stuff.
I think they call it the "Chrys Cake" or what.
There were 2 different flavours
One with mushroom and Blue cheese **Fav**
Other with salmon **I love salmon too!**
My french neighbour came with the mushroom one initially
But there was only one left.
Had to share with another 2 Japanese girls
Then he came with the salmon one
I was like,"can i have the mushroom one?" haha...
So he told me to wait there while he go get the mushroom one for me
However, another french girl offered me the mushroom before he did.
3rd Dish was Ratatouille!
As you know, I am not a veggy-lover
But I changed.
I eat vegetables nowadays.
Nevertheless, constraint amount. :)
The 4th one was probably the one all the girls were queuing FOR!
Yes-CHOCOLATE CAKE!
There's this Serbian girl and my Dutch neighour
3 of us came up with a plan to "guard" the cake
Once it was ready for consumption
We should get it.
Came up with a stupid "shift-duty" plan.
Hilarious but ended up everyone dispersed and forgot about it
Sadly, I didn't get to eat in the end :(
My french neighbour wanted to tease me
He was like,"Back off, Ginnelle.. You eat too much chocolates!"
I was like,"No, you can't deny me my precious."
In the end, both of us were laughing away that I actually forgot about the cake
Some other girls took it and in the end it was finished before I laid my fingers on it. :(
Instead, he gave me the Apple one. :)
The finale dish was Crepes!
I had it with lots of chocolate sauce!
Finally at 23:30 hours
I decided to leave.
All the girls had left except this Mexican guy
He stays in the same hostel as me but I only got to know him during the Mexican Party
But no worries, he's a reliable guy
So in the end we took the bus back together
He's damn cool too. He's a classical music composer!
I really like him as a friend. Economics major but his love for Art is those typical artist-like.
That's what I like about meeting people from different backgrounds
You really find out a lot about them
I love reading bibliographies.
I love listening to real-life stories.
As long as you are willing to share,
I am always MORE THAN WILLING to LISTEN. :)
Met the "bike gang" as we were leaving too.
Apparently, it used to be my French neighbour and the Barca guy who have bikes
The rest were influenced and now freaking 6 of them cycle everywhere
They were preparing to leave
I was like if Only one of them could ferry me back
It would be much faster.
My french neigbour was damn funny.
He cycled past me and turned round the corner
As I approach the corner, he was there waiting on his bike
"Ginnelle, I haven't bid you goodbye yet." hahaha..
Yeah that's the practice.
As the host, you are supposed to bid everyone Goodbye. :)
He's nice.
He said it in a joking manner,"Don't get raped. Be very careful on your way back and I'll see you back at Saltis."
The bus came and off I ran after it.
And, I appreciate his concern for my safety.
Was preparing for class when my french neighbour told me to be there
So after classes, I dumped my laundry immediately
It was at another student hostel
Had to arrange to go with the other students
Quick as I am, managed to reach the venue in time before 8p.m.
I don't know much about french food prior to this
Only the popular ones like ratatouille, crepes
According to others, weird stuff like snails, snakes etc ? haha..
France is my FAVOURITE country
Paris has always been my dreamed destination
French is the most pleasant language around!
AND, the dinner was FABULOUS!
Kicked off with small pieces of bread with some toppings on it
To be truthful, I really didn't know what was in it
Ate 3-4 pieces though.
Maybe eggs or salmon?
Anyway, it was good so it shuts my mouth. haha...
Started mingling with all my fellow friends whom I had not meet for ages
People were questioning my absence for the past month
Yeah & sorry, i was busy traveling!
Up next on the menu was some PIE stuff.
I think they call it the "Chrys Cake" or what.
There were 2 different flavours
One with mushroom and Blue cheese **Fav**
Other with salmon **I love salmon too!**
My french neighbour came with the mushroom one initially
But there was only one left.
Had to share with another 2 Japanese girls
Then he came with the salmon one
I was like,"can i have the mushroom one?" haha...
So he told me to wait there while he go get the mushroom one for me
However, another french girl offered me the mushroom before he did.
3rd Dish was Ratatouille!
As you know, I am not a veggy-lover
But I changed.
I eat vegetables nowadays.
Nevertheless, constraint amount. :)
The 4th one was probably the one all the girls were queuing FOR!
Yes-CHOCOLATE CAKE!
There's this Serbian girl and my Dutch neighour
3 of us came up with a plan to "guard" the cake
Once it was ready for consumption
We should get it.
Came up with a stupid "shift-duty" plan.
Hilarious but ended up everyone dispersed and forgot about it
Sadly, I didn't get to eat in the end :(
My french neighbour wanted to tease me
He was like,"Back off, Ginnelle.. You eat too much chocolates!"
I was like,"No, you can't deny me my precious."
In the end, both of us were laughing away that I actually forgot about the cake
Some other girls took it and in the end it was finished before I laid my fingers on it. :(
Instead, he gave me the Apple one. :)
The finale dish was Crepes!
I had it with lots of chocolate sauce!
Finally at 23:30 hours
I decided to leave.
All the girls had left except this Mexican guy
He stays in the same hostel as me but I only got to know him during the Mexican Party
But no worries, he's a reliable guy
So in the end we took the bus back together
He's damn cool too. He's a classical music composer!
I really like him as a friend. Economics major but his love for Art is those typical artist-like.
That's what I like about meeting people from different backgrounds
You really find out a lot about them
I love reading bibliographies.
I love listening to real-life stories.
As long as you are willing to share,
I am always MORE THAN WILLING to LISTEN. :)
Met the "bike gang" as we were leaving too.
Apparently, it used to be my French neighbour and the Barca guy who have bikes
The rest were influenced and now freaking 6 of them cycle everywhere
They were preparing to leave
I was like if Only one of them could ferry me back
It would be much faster.
My french neigbour was damn funny.
He cycled past me and turned round the corner
As I approach the corner, he was there waiting on his bike
"Ginnelle, I haven't bid you goodbye yet." hahaha..
Yeah that's the practice.
As the host, you are supposed to bid everyone Goodbye. :)
He's nice.
He said it in a joking manner,"Don't get raped. Be very careful on your way back and I'll see you back at Saltis."
The bus came and off I ran after it.
And, I appreciate his concern for my safety.
No comments:
Post a Comment