At the end of this year, I would hit the Big 3. Life as a young adult has not been all smooth-sailing but my experiences in the last 7 months have made me realised how blessed I have been though. To meet people from less developed countries and to live in a developing country where there is so much bureaucracy have made me appreciate Singapore a lot more. Nevertheless, all these bureaucracy and uncertainties that I face and the possible risks that I have to undertake are part of the experience of living in a less developed country. I told myself repeatedly that I have to learn to embrace the good and the worse with a smile. My life dream is to travel the world, and before I turn 30, I am glad to say that I have finally left my footprints on all 6 continents in the world, though incomplete. For Africa, I have not been to Sub-Saharan Africa but yes, someday I will be there. Coming to South America was the hardest for me, not just because of the distance but also fears for safety and also the language barrier, but I am glad I overcame the obstacles and finally stepped foot on this beautiful yet a little daunting continent.
Not many people will understand my desire to travel around the world, to meet people from different countries and cultures but I need no one to understand me.
If you would, you could just sit a while with me in Nature, see the Sun rising and setting, under a sky full of stars shining on us, at the edge of cliffs, near the waterfalls, on countless train rides, etc. When you hear the sounds of Nature, you also hear what my heart is shouting. No words need be spoken and nothing will hurt us. I will feel you close to me and maybe then, we will walk hand in hand till the end of time.
No comments:
Post a Comment