Thursday, 3 September 2009

Status?

Life's heading a different direction these days. I am glad there's progress with the thesis though it's really slow but at least it's "gradual". :) I find it to be a completely different learning experience from hitting books and am truly convinced that I should have embark on this journey of working on a research paper. At the end of the day, when I look at this product of my labour, I believe I will be truly amazed and satiated and impressed by my own effort. (hopefully) It's been almost 4 weeks since I started on deciding on the topic and though it way diverted from my initial area of interest - foreign employment, I am glad that I ended up doing this topic. The many events that have been taking place in my life these days, which explains my absence from MSN & Skype, made me realise that Health brings about Happiness. By losing your health, you have given up your privilege and entitlement to happiness.

You are no longer able to pursue whatever dreams that you have been talking about your whole life, your unhappiness radiates to people around you, a thick clout of worries and uncertainty hangs over you blah blah blah...

However, looking at myself, I am more like a part-time student and a full-time tutor.! I have tons of tuition calling on me and sometimes I really feel like not responding to any of the tuition calls. But a simple message on Monday evening cheered me on and motivated me to stay steadfast in whatever I had started out. One of my students actually text me a "Happy Teacher's Day" message and told me that he is really thankful for the patience I had shown him over the past two months and helping him to regain confidence and interest in a subject which he had already given up hopes on. I guess that is one of the many perks of embarking on a teaching career. At the verge of giving up or in desperation, some words of encouragement never fail to re-ignite the burning desire to educate, share knowledge and influence someone.

The emotional distress that teachers undergo is tremendous and it affects their health physically and psychologically. High incidences of high blood pressure and heart attacks strike them as well because they have to deal with the mischief of 40 students, lectures from a LH, SH, VP and the Principal. To add bitter icing on a piece of rotten cake, a teacher has to endure the enthusiastic parent who never stops asking for more and cajole nonchalant or demanding parents but each student only has to deal with crap from probably 8 teachers, a VP and a Principal. The Statistics paints the picture of LIFE AS A TEACHER! :)

In conclusion, teachers should be more highly-paid.!

No comments: