Saturday, 27 June 2009

Family Chalet

Family Chalets used to be 1 of the most looked forward to event when I was young.
My mom will try to organise one every vacation.

As we grew up, the occurrences decreased exponentially.
Until in recent years, we picked up the old tradition once again.
However, we never live up to those days anymore.
Each chalet was plagued with quarrels, arguments, disagreements
I should not be pointing fingers at anyone in particular
Every bicker takes two hands to clap!
Nonetheless, I must say I did enjoy the recent chalet still.

Durian Eating Session..


At 6 am in the morning, all still fresh..


My nieces, cousins, sister and I ton through the night.
We played fun games like Rummy-O and Taboo.
Had a good sea-view by the chalet
Played captain's ball, "monkey" by the beach
All these games were part of our childhood memories
My luck wasn't that fantastic on the mahjong table,
But I was merely a companion on the table to my grandmother.
They watched my sky-diving video @ 6am in the morning,
And had a good laugh out of it.
Still, sky-diving ROCKS despite all the laughter!
Played Wii tennis, badminton, baseball etc..
But Boxing is still my favourite.!
It lets you vent your frustration
And it was good workout definitely!
I was panting away after two games

The lovely seaview and trying to act emo..


Playing MONKEY - Obvious that Carol is a lousy monkey!
..

Hereby, I would also like to dedicate this post to my two dearest nieces
Doe & Eefty.
I watched them grew up from being an infant till a teenager today.
At certain crossroads in life, we may have drifted apart.
However, the occasional meet-ups, stay-overs, get together and plurking sessions have once again narrowed the gap that should have been widening.
No one has any idea what lies ahead of us in the near future.
But the constant warmth that radiates from you guys make my days.

It doesn't matter to me if I have to spread bread for you occasionally.
Cause I know respect is not shown in the form of ordering people of a lower rank than you to do things.
At least it really warms my heart each time I request for a sip of your drink or a bite of your food, you'll never reject me! :)
And I'm glad to play an active role as an adviser in your childhood

Blood runs thicker than water?!
Perhaps, perhaps not.
Or maybe because we all share the same surname?!
Honestly, I hope that one day they will all become successful in fulfilling their aspirations.
In life as you age, you might fall when you take a wrong step
But it is more important that you know you will be able to stand up on your own feet again.
Always remember, I have got your back so I will make sure even if the whole world gives you guys up, at least I will not!

No comments: