Thursday, 26 February 2009

Regrets.?!

I am feeling lethargic to hit my books. The situation is getting worst as the semester progresses! HELP!!

Oh, I went to watch Benjamin play his last bball match for his school yesterday. Seeing the agony and helplessness that filled his face when his team was clearly lacking the opposition upsets me. He wanted to win the game so bad and qualify for the nationals but the winning element and attitude was prominently missing from his team as a whole. All I can say is that it just wasn't their day. They had quite a few good shots but it just bounced off the ring or it swivel round the ring before the ball came off.

Those scenes made me reflect on myself and my altheltic achievements. I am a sportsperson since young. I take fancy and interest in all kinds of sports except the extreme ones. I represented my class when I was in primary school for any kind of sports, during the sports meet etc. But I lack confidence in doing the individual races. Now I wonder why? I was a clear contender for the 100m and 200m event but I never once participated. In sec school, I wanted to play competitive Netball but the team in BBSS never once formed until we were in secondary 4 and all was too late. I was offered to join the competitive badminton team in sec 2 but I rejected the offer. Guides took a toll on me and I refused to commit into another CCA. Now, I kinda regret. Finally when I went to NP and was finally able to try to compete for a spot in the Ngee Ann Netball team, I gave up on my first attempt to get into the IVP team. I admit I lacked experience in the game. Back then, I should really have persevered in getting into the IVP team.

I guess I lacked the courage to pursue what I wanted back then. The emotional setback was too much for me to handle? Now, I feel really proud for all my family members and friends who could represent the school in a particular sport. For me, this will always be one regret in my life but I could still go on and maybe some day, I will represent some other organisation in some other form of competitions.! :))

2 comments:

♥SLeePing PriNcEss♥ said...

Darling... i have my regrets too..

Well, there are things, in fact many things that i am proud of u for.

Muackz... Love ya.. Jia you together.. For the exams... Let's get it over and done with. BUT WITH FLYING COLOURS....

♥SLeePing PriNcEss♥ said...

opps.. forgot to leave name..

that comment is from me...

love,
bihong