Monday, 9 February 2009

The Right Tempo.

The overwhelming number of gatherings and outings have taken a toll on my tempo and pace of studies. I am supposed to be putting in extra effort this semester, ain't I? Where's my Mugging Cap? Lol.!

Anyway, it was JY's birthday on the 7 Feb so we had a KTV session out at Top-One. The guests were unusual, definitely not people whom we get to meet often but it was cool still. We need new faces to paint a different picture in our clique other than the usual 4 of us. Yet at moments during the session, the exceptional affliation between Jan, Omma & I surface. Cos everytime minute happenings surface, the 3 of us would be extremely quick to look at each other through the corner of our eyes with the "Are you thinking what I'm thinking?" stare. I thought it was really hilarious. :)) Yet, it was a short gathering since we all had our own hangouts to be at subsequently.

Oh yeah, I need to mention: AUDI rocks.! The fanfare for the Brand originated from my vocation training at EY. One of the Tax Managers drove an Audi A4 and at that time, I was memerised by its exterior appearance. Nonetheless, being a Continental Car and its status as a more luxurious branded car, it was not that common in Singapore. I had taken lifts in different cars, from Subaru, BMW, Volvo, Honda Civic etc but the ride in my friend's Audi after KTV elevated my liking for the brand. The interior of the car was posh and it was the exact style that I wanted. :))

I'm excited about graduation cos it has always been my dream to own a car. But AUDI will definitely not be my maiden car because of the steep price-tag that comes with it. Lol. But I hope to edge closer to it as I age.
So, AUDI, wait for me. :))

From movie to KTV and lastly, steamboat over @ BY's house on Sunday. I love sessions like those cos we will always crack lots of jokes, expand on each other's conversation, dig at each other's sorrows with no ill intentions and bring out the hidden-side of each other. And this time, tuition was the Hot topic cum debate.

IF has an 'amazing' student, one whom he terms as a 'STUPID' kid. Hearing his stories made me extremely certain that no primary school kids should be on my agenda. I once had a pri. sch boy whom took a toll on my temperant, on my patience and get on my nerves every lesson. But I guess at least my student's mom is someone who knows his son and his abilities so well that she does not expect too much from the tuition. In fact, it was always me calling the mom to address concerns that surfaced during the sessions. And this was the unusual conversation that arose:

WenX: 你爸爸不是猪? 你妈妈不是猪? 为什么会生出你这头猪?
*Laughters, Giggles follow."

BingY: Elbow him, Box him, Beat up his whole family. Whole family get into a fight. Ah, tuition teacher go crazy liao! Uncle come, punch him. Dash out of the house, beat up all the neighbours!!!!!!!

KokW: (Acting as the maid) "No Sir, no sir. Don't beat me."
WenX: Go out, Kick the Dog. (Acting as the dog) " Er, er." *Two hands imitating the paws of the dog*

By then, the giggles could no longer be contained. The laughters flooded the whole kitchen and people in the living room were aroused by the interesting and arousing conversation that was going on in the kitchen.

Sometimes, I wonder. Will such engaging conversations continue 5, 10 or 20 years down the road when we all will be elites in our own field or industry, some married and even with kids, some still single, some still unsettled? What will bridge the growing gap between us? I guess it will still be the habit of having each other in our lives that link our hearts always. :))

No comments: