My heart goes all out to the Legendary FAB FEDERER. I was totally filled with disappointment and anguish when I realise he lost yesterday. He was controlling the game during the 2nd & 4th set, wasn't he? How could he possibly have lost the 5th set 6-2?
ARGGH.. Other than soccer, tennis is my 2nd favourite sporting event. I love his strokes, his postures, his serves, his aces. And I am still anticipating his signature moves like planting a kiss on the camera then placing his signature and vice versa, rewarding the supportive crowd with his wristband & his smiles, and the competitive and Winning-AURA that surrounded him when he lifts the cup. I am anticipating his 14th Grand Slam. He is deserving of having his name on the honorary roll as someone who has the most no. of Grand Slams in his career.
As I was watching the trophy presentation, I could feel tears welling up in my eyes too when he lost control of his emotions and tears on the stage. The anguish, the disappointment, the inability to live out the expectations that others and he himself had was just too much to bear. He was the man that dominated the tennis scene, that created so many wonders, that impressed the crowd. Yet now, his dominance in something he love most and excel in was diminishing and he simply had no control over it at all! If I were him, I'd break down too.
I don't deny that Nadal is a deserving contendent and champion too. But he just doesn't grace the game as much as Federer does. French Open 'sup next and that's Nadal's territory of dominance once again. I am really looking forward to seeing Federer beating him once again, maybe in the Wimbledon or US Open.
You can lose your ranking, lose to your opponent, lose the prize money, lose the cup, lose the moment but you should never lose your dignity and fighting spirit. Honestly, I think the applause for Federer was much much more overwhelming than that for Nadal, despite him being the champion. I believe that it is, should be, would be and will always be for someone who brings out the best in the sport. We all love TENNIS & FEDERER.!
Of course, back to my own life. School's pretty much settled with me finally registered for my 5th module and having tutorials on the go already. Nonetheless, the festive mood is still lingering in me and I haven't got any work done at all. Just a gentle reminder, it's week 4 and a quarter of the semester has flown by without me realising once again. I am supposed to be working much harder this semester considering that it's my Honors year. Yet, it's always a zombie self that goes to classes. An attentive outer-shelf with a hollow soul. LOL.
And I played tennis with Shawny today. It was a random occurence. Both of us decided on it on Sunday night after watching Nadal & Federer play, at 1245 am. I am taken aback that I managed to pull myself out of bed at 715 am for an hour of tennis. There's the burning desire in both of us to have a game. LOL. It's been about 4 months since I picked up tennis. There's still an unspoken and unidentified element that seems to be missing from my game. On the surface, I'm able to play the balls and serve decently. Shawny reassured me that I was doing ok but somehow I just don't feel good. I need the touch like when I play badminton, the feeling of security and confidence that I could control the game. Now, I am thinking how I should up the level of the game. Perhaps, I need to play with different people so they could give me more opinions. And I definitely need a female to stroke with me yeah. Shawny's balls are too forceful. Oh yeah, and my BACKHAND still sucks. I am caught in between using single backhand and double backhand. I started out playing the single backhand but our fat and rotund coach insisted that me as a girl, should use double backhand coupled with the fact that double-backhand prevents the ball from flying in all directions if we do not integrate the supposingly top-spin into the stroke.
I must now put in a little bit more focus into studies as well, perhaps, maybe. I should quit playing Pet Society and facebooking every single day. I can feel the workload mounting already but I've yet to push the panic button. Lol. Typical last-minute buddha leg hugging semester re-enact. :))
No comments:
Post a Comment