Oh I love White Tigers! Alright, that seems to have nothing to do about the incident that I want to talk about. Apparently, this has been the top discussion topic between my family members and I recently. I have been constantly following the news and trying to get the video footage of the incident. I am not being evil but I am honestly curious about how it happened.
I feel for the white tigers. They are so innocent. Someone actually made a comment like this and I can't agree less with him:
"If I intrude into your house and start provoking you, and out of fear and feeling threatened, you retaliate, should your neighbour that happened to be there gun you down or me?"
The man intentionally intruded the white tigers' physical space and provoked them. They reacted out of their natural instinct so it wasn't really their fault.! Having been domesticated for the past 8 years, they have been isolated from fresh meat and most probably their predatory instinct have become rusty. Yet, now someone has once again triggered their natural instinct to prey by intentionally provoking them. Further, unnecessary attacks like tourists throwing umbrellas across and sticks, their helpless screams and shrieks must have traumatised the poor white tigers.
Looking at this incident, it brought me images of the touching story of a lion and his owners. Christian, the lion, was domesticated when he was a young cub. Subsequently, he grew too big and had to be released back into the wild to survive on his own. A year later after leaving him, his owners decided to go to Africa to pay him a visit. Though experts suggest that they would have been forgotten by Christian, the lovely lion proved those experts wrong. He gave them big hugs and was so agitated to see them!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adYbFQFXG0U
We are all animals, ain't we? The difference between the animals and us is probably we express our love, care and concern, needs and wants through speech and communication in words. The animals communicate using body language, touch, and in their own language. It's just like you and me, being Chinese, are unable to understand others who speak Spanish, French or Portuguese. However, if we were to learn the language, we would then be able to break down communication barriers. Deep inside me, I always feel that animals have feelings. Despite being big cats, being ferocious animals, lions and tigers feel for the owners who take care of them since young. But if they were to face a stranger, they would turn nasty. Like you and me, we are reserved when we meet strangers. In fact, we would feel threatened when someone just comes forward and starts to insult you or provoke you. We turn nasty too but perhaps in a more civilised way.
Maybe I should learn the animal language so that one day, I could experience the dream of being in the wild with those big cats since they are my favourite animals since young. Lol! But that's provided that I would not be consumed by them otherwise I'd not be able to live out my dream. After all, I am talking about a DREAM.... :))
No comments:
Post a Comment