Saturday, 29 November 2008

Hap Hap Birthday!

Happy Birthday, Brother!

Yeah, it's my brother's birthday today and I happened to have an exam this morning! Nonetheless, we still manage to have a rather decent tim sum lunch! Lol! For the past three years, my brother's birthday fell on an exam date of mine. I ain't sure if I should count that as a blessing or a misfortune! Lol. We never really have a grandeur celebration in the past 3 years but perhaps, it's also because we no longer believe in birthday celebrations? The first year when I was in NUS, my brother had passed his driving test in the same year and he rented a car to get to this particular eatery @ Sembawang Shopping centre. Prior to that, I had a political science exam @ 5pm and I even went to the extent of getting to ICA to collect his passport with him. While waiting for him in the car since we couldn't get a carpark lot and I had to be a stand-by driver, I frantically fllipped my notes and tried to revise for my exam.

The second year when I was in NUS, I was due to leave for Stockholm in another month's time. Like the previous year, I had exams too! Lol.. We had a celebration on a small scale as well. Today, it's the 3rd year running! Indeed, time flies!
True enough, I spent minimal time with my brother this year since I was away for the first half of the year. If you have a sibling, and you have a strong bond with him or her, nothing beats seeing him or her basking in happiness.

You grew up from the same background,
share the same little greenhouse,
walk to school in identical foot-steps,
fight over the same toys and delicacies,
quarrel out of nothing,
tolerate each other's temperament and nuisance,
watch each other transform from a immature young ass into a matured grown-up.

I remember we used to be very excited about our birthdays since they are merely 2 weeks apart. On hindsight, I didn't really get to enjoy birthdays when I was young. Somehow, God gave sickness to me as a birthday present. :( Perhaps that explains why when I got grow older, I respect my birthday, and needless to say, the birthday of everyone else whom I deem important. :)) Having seen lots of people around me who eventually drift apart from their siblings as they grow older, I must pronounce that my brother and I never ever will! Both of us do not know what the future holds for and where we will be yet we know, we will always be there for each other, in support emotionally, psychologically and physically!

Happy Birthday, my Dearest Brother! See the below for you!
Ordinary and pragmatic as you may seem to others
Yet deep beneath holds values and principals that bothers
Lacking the determination and intrepidness to dream and pursue
You make it seem like your life is due

If euphoria from being extraordinary holds no more
If contentment is what you are out for
Challenge the lionhearted innerself of yours
Before you judge your life and loss

Succumb is the word for you, never
Be the crusade against your fears forever
Let the past dissipate into nothingness
For the future beholds your true happiness
Your success is not measured by the amount of money you earn, the size of the house that you live in or the brand of the car that you drive. Hitherto, it may seem I am ahead of life's race but at least to me, you are always ahead of me.! The morals, the judgments, the values are etched in my mind wherever I may be now or in the future. Give yourself more worth and credits for the impact made to others and never surrender to life or its struggles! :)

No comments: