Friday, 21 November 2008

many many years ago..

Companied my little nieces to school to pick up their PSLE results yesterday.
It's a weird feeling.
Perhaps weird is not the right word.
It feels more like "déjà vu" lol!
The uncertainty, anxiety that occupied their faces
I guess I experienced that a decade ago.
Everyone gathering at the school hall
Anxiously waiting for the principal to announce the top pupil
Saying your appreciation for your teachers and the school
Getting back to your classroom.
Waiting for your name to be called to get your result slips.
Of course not forgetting, asking your friends for their results.
Now: No one does that anymore!
They keep their slips close to their heart.


Guess I was too naive back then
No aspirations, no ambitions
Never learnt that intelligence only contributes to 30% of your achievements
When I saw my results, disappointment embraced me.
Yesterday, I witness that in my little nieces too.
The feeling of seeing all your friends shining out of hardwork and effort
You only have yourself to blame I guess.
Fortunately I made up for it in Sec Sch.
But I never had the opportunity to attend the Speech & Awards presentation.
Vividly remember it.
I had a test in Poly.

So I became determined to never let that disappointment come near me again.
So far so good, I am keeping up with the pace.
But sometimes I wonder.
How long would that last before I bid Satisfaction goodbye again?

Whatever you dream of,
Whatever you desire.
Never let them go unless before you ever try :))

No comments: