Tuesday, 6 August 2013

31 things to say for a month - Day 11: Motivational Quotes

Day 11: 1+1 = 2 of my all-time favourite quotes
A good life is when you smile often, dream big, laugh a lot, and realise how blessed you are for what you have. ~BAKED GOODZ TUMBLR
This is my all-time favourite quote because I feel that we often focus on what we have yet to achieve rather than what we have achieved. If you do not count your blessings, how then are you gonna find the strength and motivation to continue? If happiness is a destination and the route we are taking to get to our destination is filled with misery, then do we expect ourselves to find true happiness when we eventually get there? I really do not think so. So start living happily from today! 
Anyone can give up, it's the easiest thing in the world to do. But to hold it together when everyone else would understand if you fell apart, that's true strength. ~CHRIS BRADFORD 

This is my 2nd all-time favourite quote and I chance upon this quote two years ago. When I first read it, I found it to be motivating especially for people who might be experiencing failure at a particular juncture in their life. Last year, when I read it again, I found myself interpreting it from a totally different perspective. It is about not giving up even at the toughest moments in life.

I love motivation quotes. They always give me strength when I feel down and perhaps that explains why I always share them with the important people in my life. 



No comments: