Day 18: A pleasant shopping experience
I hardly go shopping these days ever since I jumped onboard the online shopping train. However, I go to shops once in a while to see the latest trends in town and also buy things that I cannot buy online or prefer to try on before I pay for it. So there I was in a Sports shop just hours ago when the store assistant made my day. This store assistant is not a fully abled person and perhaps due to his disability, he showed me patience more than what a usually able-bodied person would.
I usually take quite a long time to decide on the right size of the clothes I buy these days because I am always trying to find the balance between comfort and appearance. Buying something that fits well these days seems to make me feel less comfortable because of the extra kilos that I have put on over the years, lol! While I was deliberating on the right size and showed a guilty face because I was kind of wasting too much of his time, he just politely said I could take my time and decide. Although that sounded like his responsibility as a sales assistant, it has become a precious attitude these days with us leading a much more fast-paced lifestyle and with everyone around you looking for efficiency and you not wasting their time.
Sometimes, we able-bodied people do need to reflect on the way we lead our lives. Too much of efficiency really makes you a less empathetic person, don't we?
Thank you, sales assistant, from the bottom of my heart.
No comments:
Post a Comment