The one lesson that I constantly go through is - Never try too hard for something.
I guess it just wasn't meant for us to go to Japan to do the presentation. There were so many hiccups along the way, indecisiveness by different group of stakeholders (not to be explicit) and we still tried so hard to work things out, especially Kel and I. Called numerous travel agencies, getting quotations for our air tickets, surfing all available airlines, just to get things right.
Spending days brooding over it, sending numerous emails, knocking on doors, waiting for our prof, worrying over others, etc. So what if I got it now? I seem to have lost the initial adrenaline rush over the fact that we are going to Japan to present our WORK! And once again, I have been taught the lesson: Never try too hard for something. Cause if it's meant to be yours, everything will fall in place nicely for you.
Unlike now, I cannot decide if I should book the tickets to Osaka, the flights out on 1st Dec are unavailable which I have no clue why? I haven't booked the limousine for my family from Taipei Taoyuan to the hotel, etc.
Ended up, I find myself in a lose-lose situation.
I have to pay extra for the trip. And I end up ditching my family and leaving them to go on a guided tour for the first two days that they are in Taiwan. Screw me, I hate myself for making bad decisions sometimes. And it's too late to pull out now.!
And I question: Is it me that refuses to accept the fact that I am flying to Japan then Taiwan which is holding me back from clicking on the purchase button or is it the uncertainty that I am not sure if my friends are fine with the trip? Will there be any further hiccups?
No comments:
Post a Comment