I recall the cab ride last saturday home.
The uncle was extremely friendly and the moment I got on the cab, he asked if I was going home? Usually, if I was really tired, I would just keep it a simple YES and then pretend to doze off to shut the driver up (hopefully). However, I was in a pretty light mood that day so I appeared to be more approachable and open to conversations.
The cab driver then questioned why I was not out dating on a Saturday night and he casually said "Today is a good day!" I found it so random and I could feel myself drifting away from the conversation when he started turned and looked at me and said, "Xiao mei, You are not too bad-looking. Don't you have a boyfriend?"
I was startled and was so afraid he is going to come up with some smart-Alec suggestion of asking me to go match-making and stuff like the typical uncles and aunties do nowadays to their own kids. Lol. Instead, he told me to just relax and take my time to search for the right one. The conversation slowly went on track and he asked about where I am studying and how old I am etc. I am not the kind of person who tries to avoid such questions so I answered every single question honestly then he started to comment that I should earnestly find a bf while in UNI otherwise once I graduate, things are gonna get a bit more trickier..... So the conversation continued.....
Maybe he is right that I should start relaxing the restrictions I place on myself and ought to give others a chance before shutting them off from my life. However, if only we could keep things in the simplest way we want always, life would not be as intriguing then. We need not flipped open the newspapers to see headlines like "World's End Day", Suicides, Murders, Unemployment Rates soaring, Economic downturn, Political uprising etc...
I did try to keep my life simple... In the end, we ended up in circles, idling time away. When we finally decide to grab hold of that something, curtains drew and we have to move on with our own lives. To keep life plain like water? No one guarantees happiness in that way anyway. Or at least the way some people always try to put it to be.... ?
The incidences that I have over the past week then reminded me of the commercial by MCYS that is being broadcast on Channel 5 and 8 since about a month ago.
We are always attempting to search for the perfect boyfriend, life partner or even husband in our lives. Otherwise, we search for the perfect job, perfect career, perfect retirement etc. Yet, we all know that nothing is perfect in this world. So what is that perfect element that we are constantly seeking? In my opinion, it is the element that is lacking in us that we find it to be of perfection.
That ultimate someone must possess something that is lacking within you and being with him or her will perfect that little imperfection you see in yourself. When these two imperfect persons who complement each other get together, they perfect each other and tells the story of a "Beautifully Imperfect" Image....
I especially love the last sentence by the Indian lady, "I hope some day, you children will find yourselves life partners who are as beautifully imperfect as your father."
I am sure we all will.... :))
No comments:
Post a Comment