Saturday, 24 January 2009

Paris day 3-22nd June 2008

After indulging myself in the city of love for the past few days covering all the major sites, I guess it's time for me to visit some less prominent areas in Paris yet worth mentioning!

Stop 1: Luxembourg Gardens!
As it was a Sunday, most of the shops ain't open because in Europe, they respect Sunday as a family day. So people stay home or simply spend time with their families in parks or engage in sporting activities or a movie. I think it's rather nice. Now that I am back in Singapore, Sunday is really a leisure day for me. I had never once hit my books or work on my assignments on this "special" day. However, I do go for tuition on Sundays since that's the day when most of my students have spare time.

The start of the series of photos that are going to follow. They are arranged in the order I stroll through this beautiful garden.
The lovely HORSEY fountain!

Kids running all around. Innocence is what I call this.
Slightly matured boys playing soccer!
Teenagers, couples, families having picnics, JUST LAID BACK.

This used to be a palace as well.
I am not a fan of flowers but these flowers are so beautiful that I can't resist snapping a few shots of them.
There should be a story behind it, I suppose?!
Tennis in the park!
Swings for the kids! I LOVE THE SWING & I MISS IT!
Diversified and all-rounded individuals. Pony-riding i.e. Riding courses in action.

That was supposed to be some kind of competition. "Mini-sailing" competition.
To end with, a little musical performance in the park. Isn't a Sunday like theirs the Perfect One?
In Paris, and in Luxembourg gardens, it's simply an activity or something for everybody.

Before I headed to Luxembourg Gardens, I went to Hard Rock Cafe as usual. The HRC in Paris is in a much less prominent area. Not in the city centre but it is still a lovely place to be. I checked out a few items before I finally decided on what I should take home from my shopping list.

Back to Luxembourg Gardens. I don't know if it is because I spent quite a few days in Paris that's why I came to the conclusion that there's lots of parks in PARIS. I vividly remember France is the only country where I see a whole patch of greenery from the plane compared to all other cities that I have been to. I love this garden in particular honestly. I guess it used to be the garden for the royalties since Luxembourg Palace is just next to it. Nonetheless, the Palace like the Louvre, has become a art museum.

You get to see all kinds of family gatherings and activities taking place in the park. From picnics to a tennis game, kids on the swing, kids learning how to ride a pony, couples dating and strolling down the path lined my trees and flowers, outdoor musical performance. Oh not to forget, you even see people playing table tennis! Woh! I am amazed. I really wish there would be a place like luxembourg gardens in Singapore. It will be a nice place to be at. :)

Honestly, I didn't really navigated with a map in Paris. I just went to anywhere that I felt like. I think it was mainly due to the fact that I had no time constraint while I was there. I had tons of time to go wherever I want to. :) Nevertheless, I had the metro map with me so at least I knew which stop I was supposed to get off.

From the luxembourg garden, I walked down to the Pantheon, headed down to Musee d'Orsay and finally ended up at Palais de Chaillot, the monument right opposite La Tour Eiffel. What's new? I get down to the Eiffel every single day. I'd say Day 3 is a pretty short day for me since I was pretty worn out from staying out till so late the previous night plus I had to bring my luggage down to my Singaporean's friend place and I had to be catch the last subway train at 8. :)

The Panthenon. Actually I am always curious about why the Panthenon is being so called. And why does every other European nation has the Panthenon? **CURIOUS**

Yet another church. I thought it was lovely that's why I wanted to take pictures of it. But it's not Notre Dame for sure!
The interior of the church. Churches in Europe make me feel overwhelmed as though I should be part of the Catholic community, say my prayers as though they will all be taken care.
A random strike on a Sunday Afternoon. Just opposite the Eiffel.WHY?OVER WHAT?NO IDEA!


Isn't that Lance Armstrong in the background, together with the Eiffel.?
The other side of the Seine River. The backyard of the hostel I stayed in.

No comments: