Friday, 16 December 2011

Interlaken

Embarked on my journey to Jungfraujoch this morning. For those who are unaware, Jungfraujoch is at the highest point of Europe, 3000 plus metres above sea level! :)

I guess the planning should have been done better because I had forgotten to check the weather! It was too foggy up at the top thus I was not able to see the French, Italian and German alps! ;( Nevertheless, it was a wonderful experience. The train ride up there exposed me to the beautiful landscapes or the famous mountains of Switzerland, the greenery, countless pine trees that stood tall and was covered in snow, etc! It was also the first time I experienced a "snow storm."

Some day, I'll be back during summer at Jungfraujoch I believe! The one thing I love about Switzerland is that it is really safe. The streets are extremely quiet at night and the weather is freezing cold. However, the people are absolutely warm and always willing to help!

My first Swiss hospitality experience was on the very night that I arrived. I had a hard time getting to the hostel and ended up flagging for a cab. The driver drove me to the place for free! My second experience was with regards to my gloves. I left one of my gloves on the train unknowingly. When I boarded another train, the conductor on the previous train found my gloves and immediately got the station master to bring it on board my train for the owner to claim it back. They did it with a smile, and with a true sense of responsibility. Kudos to the Swiss! They impress people! :)

No comments: