Monday, 1 February 2010

Take Me Home United Road

2 Sweet Victories over the weekend, Federer + ManUnited.

Sunday was a full day of Sports action!

ManU beat Arsenal at the Emirates Stadium to sit comfortably in 2nd place, and a point behind the leaders Chelsea. It will be really nice to be able to win the Premier League for 4 seasons in a row, ain't it?

Last weekend, I caught a match with Brian @ the ManU Cafe @ Boat Quay. It was a really joyous occasion as we upset Hull City at home 0-4 and Rooney scored all 4 of the goals. All of us there were singing right to the tune and beat of "Take Me Home United Road" outside the bar at 1 a.m. I never foresee myself doing that in Singapore at least. It is common per se in United though. :))

This is my favourite chant among all the United Songs, much more than Glory Man United. I had picked it up when I went to Old Trafford almost 2 years ago. The chant is actually being sung to the tune of Take Me Home Country Road by John Denver. I am missing the Old Trafford pitch, missing the chanting and rowdy fans around me, missing the game, missing Europe.

Two versions, first for the upbeat lads like me who love a faster tempo and the second goes the ballad style.

The full lyrics go like this but at matches, we usually chant to Chorus I only:

Verse A:
I was born to be United,
Daddy told me, when I was just a baby;
When I was five, I went down Warwick Road;
Now I'm addicted to the only place I'll go

Chorus I

Take me home,
United Road,
To the place I belong,
To Old Trafford,
To see United,
Take me home, United Road
Verse II
All my memories,
Bobby Charlton,
Georgie Best and Cantona,
They came to us from heaven;
And at the Nou Camp in 1999,
On Matt Busby's birthday,
Oh it was party time

Chorus

I watch the Reds,
I feel the noise,
The crowd is roaring;
The Stretford End is singing
And the fans are going wild;
And when I'm gone I get a feeling
That I should've been home yesterday,
Yesterday, oh!


Love United Like WE all DO :))

No comments: