At times I really wonder......
If only I were a professional sports player.....
I guess I am someone who is very inclined towards freedom, regardless of freedom of speech, freedom of rights, freedom of diet, blah blah blah... In return, you get freedom to do what you love most professionally. On top of that, I adore the power and responsibility that accompany the profession of a professional sports player.!
Just look at people like Roger Federer and Cristiano Ronaldo. They are doing so much for the world, for their country, for their families, for Africa, for the poor, for the under-privileged, etc. These are things that I would really like to accomplish in life but I guess it ain't easy and hitherto, I am not empowered to do these things yet or at least heading in that direction.
Cristiano can bring much pride and glory to his country and family, a comfortable life for his family, much entertainment to the soccer fanatics worldwide, much inspiration to kids who aspire to be as good a soccer player as him, much happiness to the underprivileged kids whenever he visits them, much revenue and sales to the various products he endorses, much donations and money to help the poor and Africa, and most importantly, much sense of satisfaction for himself.
Likewise, Federer does the same. He has done so much for the tennis scene, creating milestones after milestones, helping the victims in Haiti, encouraging the many out there to pick up tennis as a sport, doing his country and parents proud, blah blah blah.
If I were to become a professional sports player, YES I will lose all of the freedom which I currently enjoy. Furthermore, I am someone who lacks discipline. Even basic stuff like getting my hair properly dyed for school is more trying than scoring an A for an examination. However, I get empowered to do the many things that I have listed above. The trade-offs are only fair and just. Nothing beats being able to play the one and only sport which is the love of your life. At least for me, someone who sees sports as one's life's work.
It is not as though I will not be able to do these things unless I become a professional sports person. However, being a sports person is just so COOL and EXTRAORDINARY. Your capacity to do something is entirely different from a normal OL or a CFO or even a CEO. I don't exactly enjoy sitting in the office bossing people around. It sounds extremely boring to me at least.
Perhaps the high utility I attach to sports could be due to my failure to fulfill my dream of playing a sports competitively for at least once in my life. Somehow they always end up in flames.
And so what if I am an EDUCATOR of LIFE and MORALS and ECONOMICS now? I feel so inadequate in terms of completing the tasks that have been on my checklist since time immemorial, and I see no light at the end of the tunnel that will enable me to successfully cross out the various items. I need to find the strength to convince myself to continue this journey of life.

No comments:
Post a Comment