I guess I have pretty much gotten used to waking up early in the morning and surprises await me every morning when I walk to the kitchen window. Instead, getting myself to go to bed early proved to be a much more challenging task. I sleep at 2-3 a.m. every night due to the numerous proofreads and formatting that has to be done for the KG University report and also the resource building for the school. I was on course for the past two days which means that I can only work on the full-length answers for the case-studies questions at night. While on course, I was dozing off right in front of the speaker but I guess he was understanding enough to not reprimand me or wake me up. :(
Tonight, I really have to force myself to go to bed by 11 a.m. so as to recover the sleep lost during the past few days.
And the surprise that awaits me in the morning is .......
"I realise that even though there isn't 4 seasons in Singapore, we do experience some kind of daylight savings. As we are located slightly below the equator, our "seasons" resemble that of the Southern Hemisphere countries like Australia and New Zealand. So the day gets much longer in December. The sky gets bright by 7 a.m. and it only gets dark at 7.30 p.m. It definitely wasn't so when in June!"
I wonder if everyone actually knows about this because apparently, I wasn't aware of it although I myself am a Singaporean and have been living on this tiny red dot for the past 23 years.
No comments:
Post a Comment