Match Result: 5-7, 7-6 (6), 7-6 (5), 3-6, 16-14

Yoohoo~! I can't believe I am typing the third sequel of Federer's post! :) Yeah, he made it straight into the records books once again, after less than 2 months from my last post. When I heard of Nadal pulling out of the tournament 3 weeks ago, I was already contemplating how to write this post. Nevertheless, it is not because I ain't got any confidence that Federer can't beat Nadal but that the latter is honestly a true contender for any Grand Slam tournaments. Gladly, Roddick put up the best match in his life today and still, he was short of Federer's class. Like what my bro used to tell me,

For Federer, I especially liked the commentators' 2 comments -
"He runs across the court effortlessly, without you hearing his footsteps."I absolutely agree! I'm really glad that he won his 15th title and is now labelled as the best tennis player in tennis history! :) He is part of the elite team who won all 4 Grand Slams and the man in tennis history with the highest number of Grand Slams under his name. Further, he's only 27 years of age. He could still play a few more years of tennis and honestly, only Nadal can upset him from the throne, hitherto.
"He's like an Angel who kills."
I was extremely nervous during the first few sets of the game but the presence of my bro did help me relax quite a fair bit. Why do I say so? We were merely couching on the sofa coming up with jokes and likened the tennis match to our everyday life and football.
First - Positioning.
Whenever one party came up for a volley against the opponent, with the latter standing in the centre of the baseline trying to defend, we termed it as a PENALTY. The defending party mimicked a goalkeeper waiting for the striker to place the ball and deciding where to run so that's how the term arose. Hilarious!!! If the defending party was at either sides of the baseline, it was considered a free-kick.
Second - Breaking the set.
If you watched the match, you will know that Federer failed to break any of Roddick's serve. He did come to deuces, or even to the extend of gaining an advantage. However, he was always one step away from the deserving break. So we commented that the situation resembled the typical "Larbi" game that my siblings and I love to play. When Roddick serve an Ace under a deuce situation, it's as though he got a joker or a wild card. When Federer fails to return a Roddick serve, it is then equivalent to Roddick getting the right card to successfully enter the game without paying a penalty fine. There were many many other jokes and I was laughing my ass off throughout the last set..Not forgetting the Lacoste.Crocodile.My sister joke but I'm prohibited from blogging about it. :)
I always enjoy watching Federer play tennis. We all love Federer and TENNIS!!
King Federer!



No comments:
Post a Comment