Sunday, 31 May 2009

Random grouses

1. Hypocritical people
I was just randomly browsing through a friend's blog when I chance upon some of the sensitive issues that he talked about. In my opinion, I view him as a socially well-behaved guy and yet a mere 2-faced and hypocritical being in existence concurrently. He always try to give the most politically-correct and socially-appropriate answers when asked to regardless of the clique he is in. Personally, I do feel that we have different social roles in different situations and contexts in life thus the need to behave as a different person arises naturally. However, when one is even being untruthful to his or her friends, I deem his life only a shallow success. Perhaps it is my personality that makes me feel disgusted whenever I have to interact with people of such nature because they will smile to you and say "Yeah, I think so too" or "You are right!" when deep in their hearts, they were aggressively criticizing and smirking over their own perception of your stupidity and bimbo-ness. Think about it: If you compliment everything in life, if everything is good or nice to you, then how much is your compliment actually worth? However, he does have his own strengths and he is good companionship in certain times so I do not ostracize in any other way. (Now what makes me different from him by making such a statement? Sigh...)

2. Ideal being
People of these sorts either have inferiority complex or have an overwhelming level of self-esteem. I have no qualms about everyone of us out there needing compliments and praises to make ourselves feel better amidst the competitive and mind-boggling society. However, have you ever tried interacting with people who constantly fish for compliments and praises while you talk to them? If you are good, people will acknowledge you and you will be able to see and feel it without the need for them to express it explicitly. Yet, when you constantly seek for a praise in different context or situations, you only stir up emotions of irritation. To add some bitter icing to the already rotten cake, they come up with smart aleck suggestions then praise themselves for coming up with such an awesome or brilliant idea.
For me, I am quite a bitch so I will most probably put these people down. But sometimes I do feel guilty whenever I do that because I might indirectly hurt their pride or self-esteem. Lol! But since adverse selection and moral hazard is pervasive in nature, I doubt I can do much to segregate the two groups.

3. It's never my fault.
I grow very irritated over people of these sorts lately. Perhaps this group of people constantly revolve around my life thus I am starting to grow sick of them. It irritates me a lot whenever you give your earnest opinion (not criticism) about the person's actions, lifestyle, etc in hope of him or her becoming a better person and then the person turns on the "defensive" mode and you guys end up in a petty quarrel. This is so damn childish and for me, despite loving to engage in conversations, exchange of opinions and talks, I am definitely not an avid fan of arguments and debates. I do not deny that criticism and genuine care and concern is divided over a thin line and I myself sometimes find it hard to distinguish between the two. But I have learnt to accept others' comments and criticism of myself privately, even when I do not do it publicly or at that very moment when the criticism came. Thus, the next time round you see me appearing nonchalant or unwelcoming to your comments, fear not.

Some people perceive me as an opinionated person (and I raise my two hands and nod in agreement) but I will never allow my own opinions or judgment of another person affect my interaction with him or her because that is not doing justice to the both of us at all. I always believe in the saying, "When you are pointing one of your fingers at someone else, you are actually pointing four other fingers at yourself." To put it in a crude way, "Say people, say yourself!" For me, I constantly attempt to strike a balance between the two yet as I reflect upon myself while I am typing this post, I illustrated what I had just mentioned in the previous sentence. Weren't I pointing fingers too but I cannot help but lament at such people right now at this moment in time. I am just feeling empty inside and the need to strike up a controversial post is imminent.

The battle of the angel and devil within me - Round 3... (to be continued)

No comments: