My bro and sis are both overseas.
So now I have the whole room to myself.
Their absence seems to suggest something about myself.
I live by a routine.
I cover the same amount of space like I used to in their presence.
Assumed I needed and love spaces of my own.
Yet things seem to suggest otherwise.
Actually I don't exactly need a lot of space.
Both who are home-bounded are now somewhere away from home.
The one who's the most out-bounded is actually stuck in the small little room!
What an irony!
Sometimes I question myself,
Do I give in too easily?!
There must be a way to deter the pressure to give in.
Sometimes I see myself in a dilemma
And I recall BH's
"Me for everyone, how about everyone for me?' (Direct translation from Chinese)
I do not like to be in a certain situation
However, I am in such a situation right now.
Want things to change immediately
Yet I can't get it changed because that will antagonize someone
Now i recall my advices to others who told me of the same problem
You know that if you were to do this way,
you would be unhappy.
But if you don't do it,
it will make someone else unhappy.
You rather yourself be unhappy than others be so.
So you go ahead and do the thing that you dislike.
What comes next?
I must apply what I say "Just Live With It!"
Subsequent, the rebellious and evil side of ME takes control and questions:
Why do I have to live with all these irresponsible people around me?
Why do I always have to keep giving them chances?
Why the need to tolerate their nonsense?
Next, the angelic and emotional side of me puts on a fight with the opposition:
You yourself were irresponsible occasionally that's why you have to learn to live with others.
Everyone deserves another chance in life and by giving them so, you're giving yourself 1 too.
Tolerating someone's nonsense is reciprocation in disguise, because only when you show tolerance to others, will others do the same back to you.
To follow up, the willful and childish me sends a punch back:
Since when did I act irresponsibly towards these people?
The opportunities and chances in my life were mostly grabbed myself, by my effort and determination, and were never bestowed by these people
I show nonsense once in a while but never towards these people.
Desperate for a victory immediately, the persuasive and logical side of me kicks in return:
Life is not about ‘an eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth', it's about returning good for evil.
Even though those people did not bestow you the chances, they must have helped you along the way somehow and never be unappreciatie.
Never forget "Love your neighbour as yourself".
So the battle becomes a never ending one..... What situation have I landed myself in exactly?
And now I can't stop this chain... The feeling is akin to: Forwarding Chain Mails!
--> You receive a Chain Letter for the first time telling you that this baby or another guy or girl is suffering from a disease or met with an accident.
For every email that is being forwarded, the victim gets $1 or $0.10 and stuff.
The email is obviously playing on our soft spots and so you obediently forward the email.
So over the years that you have been checking your email inbox,
these emails come at least once weekly or bi-weekly.
After 10 and more forwards, you question yourself:
What are you doing all these things for?
Do these people really get the aid and donations?
To make it worst, you could receive the same mail like 5 or 6 months later.
So, are all these chain mails actually real?
Then your good and evil side starts to battle:
Good--> Just forward it. It doesn't waste much of your time anyway.
Bad--> These are junk emails. Just ignore them and don't pissed your friends off (those that you always forward them to)
Good--> What if the person really needed help and because you alone don't forward, he or she is short of that $20 or so to do the operation in time and a life is at stake?
Bad--> Like you said, so many people are forwarding. I don't really make a difference.
Good--> Who says you don't make a difference? Each of us is unique in our own ways and we all can make a difference. It's up to whether you want to make it happen...
Once again, the battle continues.... have such emotions ever embrace you?!
1 comment:
yes darling, read your post. about the angel and devil, it sure happened to me as well and ALL THE TIME.
I love reading your post.
Anyway i stopped forwarding those pitiful emails as the devil seems to win in this case! wahahahaha...
However, i am overall still an angel. Smile Smile, don't get so affected by others around us.
Love,
Bihong
Post a Comment