Oh well, after that last blog post about changing my lifestyle for 2013, I am really pleased with myself for taking the first step out towards my next phase of life. Yes, less NUA-ing, more disciplined when it comes to planning for the future, etc.
In another 12 hours time, I will be seeing the fruits of my labour for the last 3 years. From the very first day I entered the classroom, I guess this is the moment that I have been preparing for! I had sent text messages to several of the people whom I will be seeing tomorrow and as the clock ticks, I feel my emotions getting more and more out of control. The last time I had to undergo such emotions was 3 years ago when I checked my final semester's results in Japan! This time round, it is not my own academic results that I am checking but it is indirectly a reflection of my ability, hardwork, aptitude, pride, whatever you call it. But most importantly, a lot more is at stake and that is the future of the people who had trusted me in the last 3 years.
We worked and worked to go through the 2 years to see them going for the exam 3 months ago and now, they had been judged and the outcome of this judgment is just hours away. Most of my students worked really hard and I honestly think they deserve a good grade but I cannot judge this time round if they will be duly rewarded.
I have never sat for this exam before but I know that unlike 'O' levels, it is not one that you will get to see only happy and relieved faces. Some will cry inevitably, some will be beyond consolation, some put on a masked happy and smiling face. Whatever the expression, no one knows exactly how their emotions will battle within themselves when they see their results. All that I can do or have been doing all these whiles is nothing but pray.
I told an ex-student that if you put in the effort, you will be duly rewarded. You might not shine but you will definitely not fumble. God will watch over you. I am no Christian, no Catholic, no Buddha or whatever. I always believe that when you trust that there is a greater power out there that is beyond control, you feel assured, more assured. Nevertheless, who am I to say that when I had not been let down academically for the last 10 years or so? Can I truly empathise with the situation? What I had gone through 14 years ago is vaguely present in my memory though I will never forget the disappointment on other people's faces.
No comments:
Post a Comment