I guess different people have different beliefs and values in life and we seek for a different mission and purpose in life too. While some hope to settle down and start a family, others seek the thrill and adventures that lie in our great Mother Earth. I used to believe that some day, I will settle down and start a family. However, with the passage of time, I realize that I have truly come to discover what I really want in life.
Mommy and B always hope that I will some day settle down. But neither of them ever hurries me. B feels that I will act on a moment of impulse when it comes to marriage. That is why I say no one understands me more than they do. :) Perhaps.
I have similar beliefs to the male lead in the show. Maybe he is right. When the right person comes knocking and you do not want to lose him or her, that is when you will be willing to compromise with your dreams. However, it is unlikely that you will give them all up. Since I am unwilling to give up any of my dreams, I have stopped looking out for the right person to complete myself.
Come to think of it, this is only fair. When I was slightly younger and eager to settle down, random people come knocking. Some were really good bf material and perhaps something did or could have worked out. Now that I am not eager to settle down since I am unwilling to give up any of my dreams, it shows that I am not ready for a relationship. Indeed, no one's been knocking for some time.
Perhaps some day, I will really meet someone who have the same ideals as me, to want to go around the world and lead a carefree life. And should that day come, I might then truly want to settle down.
No comments:
Post a Comment